WIll this tube work?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterOf1Angel

Reaction score
it says stuff about plate voltage (400 i think) and to heed it... will it work with my rm100c? http://thetubestore.com/tungsol5881.html

thank you

From what is mentioned on the site... No, not that brand of tube at least. The RM100 has a plate voltage of over 500V and uses a solid state rectifier. It would eat that tube alive!

People use TS5881 in the Egnater MOD50 and I believe that has a 500V plate voltage...I didn't care for the tone of it personally.

some 5881s can take it, but they aren't 'real' 5881s. I have some tungsols from the 50s NOS - and they sound AWESOME. but they would cook like eggs in our MTS amps. ;)

Try the SED (winged "C") 6L6. Much Smoother than the JJ's. the SED works great in the RM.

the sed (winged c) are the tubes ive used for a while they sound great and last forever

I know a bunch of guys running them in MOD50's and I had them in my RT2/50 without issues. Never tried them in my RM100, but they worked ok in a RM50 I had too. They are those exact tubes too. :shock: