• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

XTC, Clean mod for trade

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got a blackline XTC mod I just picked up, and it's just not my thing. I'd really like something nice and saturated, but a bit more on the thin side (I play mahogany guitars into an Orange 2x12 - no need for any more thickness!). Maybe a 1086, a SL+, or something along those lines?

Also, I've got an original chromeface Clean mod that I'd trade for most anything. I'm a dirty clean kind of guy, so the sky's the limit here!

Cheers!

I think I could do that. :wink:

Say $175?

Also, I'm not getting near the tone I know should be in this amp - think the power tubes are dead/old. What's the tell-tale sign? I bought it used, so I've no idea what it should sound like with a fresh set in. It's the classic mushy/grainy sound, so my first thought was tubes.