xtc clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
http://members.cox.net/okstrat/petebogner.mp3

2007 McCarty PRS Korina (braz board) --> Bogner XTC 101B (red channel, boost on) --> early 80s JCM800 slant cab -->SM57 -->M-audio audiobuddy mic preamp -->Razer AC-1 Gaming soundcard --> adobe audition 1.5, delay and reverb done with plug-ins. Backing was some Steve Vai thing I got of the net - heard the original once or twice.

Total improv deal, one take, clams a plenty, etc. I sure am digging the amp, this was recorded at talking volume - as low as I could go on the channel master without it dropping out completely.

Pete

Like I posted on the other forum, killer. I change my previous vote and say, make the randall XTC closer to this!

Give em hell. Nice stuff. Reminds me of wet lacey panties. But then again, everything reminds me of wet lacey panties. Rock on. Tell me when the show starts.
RE

Pete,
that was fantastic!
Just last night I am talking to Jaded Faith about your demos. I said they didnt do you justice. imho, your chops were fine..but the engineering/production didnt do you any favors. (I think I say this because I do alot of production so I cue onto that stuff BIGTIME).
Well..now I hear this clip and I am floored. You really have NAILED this.
I wish I had done it!!!!! Congrats to you. Great tone,engineering production etc etc...oh and did I say the chops are killer?
yeah,that ,too.
Forget all my previous comments.

Nice playing , man! The XTC sounds great. The reverb was kinda eating the amp tone though.
Thanks for the clip

Just out of curiousity... what are you using for delay/reverb plug-ins? I also use an M-Audio Audiobuddy into Magix 7 recording software. I'm not thrilled about the delays I've been using... especially on the Magix. Awhile back I used a db Audioware (Dave Brown) delay that I liked, but I haven't been able to find it.

Nice clip by the way!

Gearhead said:
Just out of curiousity... what are you using for delay/reverb plug-ins? I also use an M-Audio Audiobuddy into Magix 7 recording software. I'm not thrilled about the delays I've been using... especially on the Magix. Awhile back I used a db Audioware (Dave Brown) delay that I liked, but I haven't been able to find it.

Nice clip by the way!

I can't remember the specific ones, but they are Waves plugins.

Hey Pete ,

How's the XTC blue/red mod coming along have you figured out how to get the Excursion/ tight .and mode plexi/red to work yet ..

Latest posts