RM100 controller and multi-fx pedals???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
What do you guys use? I've been so accustomed to the rack that I haven't had to deal with this stuff in a while....I don't need a million effects or anything too serious but I would like to get something that can switch channels and FX from one floor unit....

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Looks like you can use a Line 6 M13 or a Boss GT. I've never used either so I couldn't tell you how good they are or how easy they are to configure.

http://es.line6.com/supportarchive/thread/39530

the Midimate would be great if you have a rack fx unit that you want to control along with the RM100, but it's not a multi-fx unit in itself.

Boss GT 10 and Line 6 M13 will do this...Cant speak to those. TC Electronic Nova System (I am still figuring this out) is awesome- The best to my ears (and most expensive) is the TC Electronic G System.

I'm a fan of the Voodoo Labs (Digital Music Corp) Ground Control pedal.

I've used them for years in my live rig and have never had a problem - I own 3 of them. They are the older version (i.e. not the larger Ground Control Pro) They send multiple changes on different midi channels, have a nice programmable LED character display, and are intuitive to program.

I used to use a G-Major for a long time, single space, could switch up to 3 amp channels, sweet delays, ok phaser and choruses etc.

Got my Boss GT Pro and never looked back...i don't even use clean randall pre's anymore, i use the Roland JC120 patch on it, THE BEST!!!!

I've had Line6 M13, but is terrible MIDI wise only has 48 scenes, instead of 128 like normal midi, terrible flangers and phasers, others tonally the best though.

I've had various units but none did everything in one like my BossPro.

My housemate has AxeFxUltra when they first came out and he has struggled with it forever, too many parameters, and once you turn up loud for stage, forget about hearing the same tone. Apart from that, it has no channel control functions, a terrible hum in the loop, the impedence for the input of guitar is not matched (i believe has been fixed on the new AxeFx) so your screwed for 4 cable method, and is overall horrible to quickly manipulate.

Goodluck dude!

The TC Electronic G-System will give you a MIDI floor controller that can switch the RM100 (and any other MIDI-enabled device), as well as provide you with all the effects you'll most likely ever need. However, a major drawback is that the MIDI controller can only operate on one MIDI channel at a time. You can configure which MIDI channel you want to use, but you can use only one; so everything you want to controol will have to be set to listen on the same MIDI channel. Another major drawback is that it costs $1500 new.

For pure MIDI controlling, the Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro can transmit on as many different MIDI channels as you like (all on a single program change). Apart from the Fractal MFC-101, the GCP is arguably one of the best MIDI controllers out there.

I have a question of my own. I've been considering a rack unit for some time now and i've narrowed it down to two items: Digitech GSP1101 and the GSystem. I'm planning on using the GSP with a Ground Control and I'm also planning on buying these used so I'll probably spend aroun $800 or so. My question is: Can the GSP switch channels on my RM100 with the GSP foot controller? Or will a Ground Control be the better buy? I know the GSystem will change channels no problem, but I think since the GSP is a preamp it would be the better buy.

While I own a GSP-1101, I've never owned the DigiTech MIDI footcontroller (is it called the "Control-2"?). I used a GCP with it and it worked great. If you want to control other devices beside the GSP-1101, the GCP was designed for you. Of course, I can't tell you anything about the DigiTech controller - maybe it can do everything that the GCP can do, but I don't believe so.

Honest, the RM100 is so easyto program and configure midi-wise that any floor unit with at least a midi out will do the job.

At a time I used a good old boss ME5. But if you want to use A really few FX, my recommendation is to get fx pedals and to command everything with a midi looper like rocktron patchmate floor 8. But it also depends on your budget...

I actually used a line6 pod x3 live for a while with my Mod50 (4CM) and had surprisingly good results. The dual tone paths were actually useful too.

Latest posts