The start of the new modular rig...

Discussion for both Egnater & Randall modular amps

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

withmittens
Lynch Box

Post by withmittens » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Mattfig wrote:Agreed?The RM heads offer the best of everything power amp?.They can blend two tube types, individual and easy bias for each tube, and you can add an MDA (or Foglifter) to your tone..
Mr. Figg, can the RM100 be halved in power?, using only two of the output tubes? They are a fine amp but for playing small gigs......i would love one though
RM22, RM4
CrazyNuts' Dirty Sanchez, DuoPlex, Selma, Supra, Twinface, Evil Kitty, CC30, XTC
SG, LP Std., Strat, TELE

VitaminG
Lynch Box

Post by VitaminG » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:47 pm

withmittens wrote:
Mattfig wrote:Agreed?The RM heads offer the best of everything power amp?.They can blend two tube types, individual and easy bias for each tube, and you can add an MDA (or Foglifter) to your tone..
Mr. Figg, can the RM100 be halved in power?, using only two of the output tubes? They are a fine amp but for playing small gigs......i would love one though
They've got a great master volume, so playing smaller gigs isn't a problem. I use mine for any size gig we play & am always happy to have 3 modules to choose from

Corium_AZ
Lynch Box

Post by Corium_AZ » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:39 pm

VitaminG wrote:
withmittens wrote:
They've got a great master volume, so playing smaller gigs isn't a problem. I use mine for any size gig we play & am always happy to have 3 modules to choose from
The above is true. I usually run my master at about 8 oclock, and while it is loud, it ain't that bad, and I get pretty good power tube breakup at that volume too - that'll largely depend on what tubes you run tho.

And, yes, you can run the RM100 @ 50W, with either the inside or outside two tubes removed. This does not make any appreciable difference in volume tho. Does make a difference in tone though.
Band Sites (Until The Sun)
http://www.reverbnation.com/untilthesun
https://www.facebook.com/UntilTheSunBand

Budda Superdrive 45, Orange Rocker 30, Zinky 4x12, '72 Deluxe Tele and MIJ Greco LP Custom

RnRCrazyKnight
RM20

Post by RnRCrazyKnight » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:30 pm

WOW! You all have given me lots to think about.

Was wanting to keep this strictly rack though. So, what is it about the Fryette that makes it so popular? I know they make great stuff.

Scott