Bass modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mThomasDutch

Reaction score
Here's an idea. If no one is doing it already, how cool would it be to have some nice bass modules. A 100 watt tube head makes a pretty nice bass amp for rehearsal/studio volume. SVT? Hartke? GK? Anybody heard of such being done?

How about this?

ampigsft4b.jpg

Just an idea of me but Anthony has said it's possible and he can do it if there is demand ;)

Mikal69 said:
that would be cool. ampeg or GK would be perfect.
Yep, personally I've allways been an Ampeg guy, but that's taste of course ;)

Thinking about it, it would be pretty awesome for a bassplayer to have 4 different modules in an RM4.
You can run that into any bass amp's return for poweramplification, and you'll have 4 classic sounds right there :D

Maybe that's thinking in a guitarists perspective, but could be a life saver if you play in a band with a wide array of sounds (like the MTS line was for me for guitar).

Hmm, I wonder how many here also have a bass to record and and with this be able to use the MTS series for that as well

Nightdare said:
Hmm, I wonder how many here also have a bass to record and and with this be able to use the MTS series for that as well
One, me ;)

I now record a lot on the Twinface in Deluxe mode with an Ampeg 8x10 IR after it. :)
Those are demo's though, good demo's .. but still demo's. ;)

Hi- pm'ed you with the lowdown on Anthony- all other here can add alot as well from Salvation's work as well. Merry Christmas!!!

Anthony is the guy behind Salvation Mods, one of the bigger modders of MTS modules.

I am the designer on the Salvation Mods team.
You can see some info on www.salvationmods.com including links to the youtube pages and soundclick for clips!
Check them out to see what Salvation Mods can do to enhance your MTS modules!

Sorry for sounding all "marketing" there haha, but it's what I do. :D
Anyway, Salvation Mods does mostly cloning, so building even more accurate clones of preamps into the MTS modules, or new ones that Randall and other modders don't offer.
Right now the Chupacabra is the only Salvation Mods original, but more are to come soon!
Besides that Anthony has designed a lot of special features for these modules, entire channel switching, multiple voicings, touch sensitive gain boosts, noise gate's etc.

As for innovation, Salvation Mods is at the tip of the MTS world IMO, bringing new tech and tone to this system continuously!
Just wait, in a couple weeks we have something that will (once again) blow your mind! :D

I love this idea! that would be phenomenal, as my bassist (most amazing bass player in the area) oddly doesn't have his own amp, and my Ampeg V-4 is experiencing the bad side of a funky ball o tits. That was my go to amp for bass recording because it had power, balls, and it was dad's amp that he used as a bassist. If Salvation comes out with an ampeg bass amp module I will personally beat a midget with a Q-Tip to get it!

Peace!
Kung fu Q-tip HAt

MadHatter_Lurch said:
I love this idea! that would be phenomenal, as my bassist (most amazing bass player in the area) oddly doesn't have his own amp, and my Ampeg V-4 is experiencing the bad side of a funky ball o tits. That was my go to amp for bass recording because it had power, balls, and it was dad's amp that he used as a bassist. If Salvation comes out with an ampeg bass amp module I will personally beat a midget with a Q-Tip to get it!
Well really the matter is if someone (you?) will contact Anthony with the question "hey will you build me an SVT module?"..

If you want one, ask for one.
I think there are enough people here that want one to warrant the development.
Maybe Anthony could hold a poll to see wether it's worth it ;)

Latest posts