What would be your pick?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

germanium

Reaction score
I have a fun question: If you only had to pick a total of 3 modules for clean, crunch and hi gain, what would be your pick and why? I'm curious about what everybody has to say.

germanium said:
I have a fun question: If you only had to pick a total of 3 modules for clean, crunch and hi gain, what would be your pick and why? I'm curious about what everybody has to say.

I tend to stick to dual modules, for dirty sounds, and recently this is what I've been using:

Clean = Jaded Faith Super Clean
Crunch = Egnater EG 3/4
Hi-Gain = Synergy Diezel VH4

The Hi-Gain varies a bit and sometimes it my dual JF SLOD 100 :)

We did this thread in January and my picks were Salvation Twinface, Sacred Groove SL+ and Salvation MarkUs.

Just to show why I'm modular, today's picks:
clean - Jaded Faith Twox
crunch - Jaded Faith XTC
hi-gain - Sacred Groove SL+

Clean: JF Twox or KH1
Crunch: Slavo Cammerock Or Terrier
Lead: Salvo Rockerverb or JF Soldano

Since I added the SYN 2 to my RM50 or MOD 50 I need to pick four modules because now I can use four.
1) JF VX30
2) JF XTC
3) Salvation Buddy
4) Synergy Dirty Shirley

These change according to band and guitar. I am doing a stint in a R&R band and started playing a Charvel that has a Dimarzio Tone Zone at the bridge and it is such a great match for the JF XTC

Cleans
JF Super Clean or JF Vybe Deluxe

Mid Gain
JF EG3/4 or original JF ODS

High Gain
JF Cali Lead or Kylendm Modern Dragon

Too many module choices to choose from to pick from to narrow it to just three.
:lol:

Spencer4hire said:
Cleans
JF Super Clean or JF Vybe Deluxe

Mid Gain
JF EG3/4 or original JF ODS

High Gain
JF Cali Lead or Kylendm Mordern Dragon

Too many module choices to choose from to pick from to narrow it to just three.
:lol:

JF ODS is def hard to beat for a mid gainer. I haven't played through Rob's new OD-2, but... some of my favorite tones from the ODS are found by flipping the switches. For some reason Rob deleted those tonal options on the OD-2? Who knows....

Capt_Tippy said:
JF ODS is def hard to beat for a mid gainer. I haven't played through Rob's new OD-2, but... some of my favorite tones from the ODS are found by flipping the switches. For some reason Rob deleted those tonal options on the OD-2? Who knows....

I had 3 different revs of the original ODS but the OD-2 was amazing! Didn't need the switches because it just sounded right. I regret letting that one go...

Today? :-D

1. Loneclean (yeah, I actually don't own this one...)
2. BE
3. SLO

MarcoR said:
Capt_Tippy said:

I had 3 different revs of the original ODS but the OD-2 was amazing! Didn't need the switches because it just sounded right. I regret letting that one go...

well I like the cleans on it too, and I actually use those switches more for cleans. Yes there is one position that sounds best for the dirty stuff and it could just be locked that way. ...but that same sound isn't as good for the cleans.

MarcoR said:
Capt_Tippy said:

I may have try my OD-2 again but when I got it I did not think it sounded as good as the original ODS. I think the mids pot might be messed up on it as there was no noticeable change in tone no matter where it was set.

Thank you for this thread... really informative. Thank you for all the experience and exploration behind these posts

clean- randall kh1- this clean sparkles

crunch - randall SL+ just a great smooth distortion i think 80's rhythm- also
good lead with it

Hi Gain -randall 1086 (as good as this is i think there's something better out,
but i haven't come across it yet.

side not - i have the synergy 800 and vh4 i like the versatility of booth, the
800 is better, the VH4 is less versatile but it's distortion is really
good-

Been totally blown away by Salvation modules in my RM100.
1. Loneclean
2. Banned
3. Salvado

I also have an Angel (Engl). Not tried any Synergy modules yet but, quite honestly, I can’t see them being any better.