Custom Faceplates

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
So another thread got hijacked and it turned to face plates. I thought I would start one dedicated to this issue. Someone posted this:

https://www.frontpanelexpress.com/

as a possibility for getting custom faceplates done for the boring *** Synergy ones. Has anyone used this or does anyone know how to utilize it? Is anyone else out there making them? I have a BE that I would love to customize and make it look like the real BE.

I used it to get a custom face plate for my EVH 5150 50w.
I took the original faceplate and measured it with calipers to .001" accuracy.

It's like using paint basically. You have to download their software to create the faceplate in it, as it has a direct link to get a quote, pay and then send it into production.
You just create an area that represents the faceplate and populate if with the openings you need using the dimensions you have from the original, locate them using a 0.0 origin point.

In the end I didn't order the plate because it was about $75 plus shipping (I'm in Toronto). Not worth it in my opinion, I decided I could spend that money elsewhere.

You might get a more afordable price with a smaller plate and the shipping within US should be a lot less.

It would be cool if someone would just do face plates. There used to be a guy around here that did it. Matt, do you remember who that was?