Lynch Box Bass Amp?

Area specific for Lynch, Hammett, Donagan (1086), etc modules and amps

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

scary groove
RM100

Lynch Box Bass Amp?

Post by scary groove » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:02 pm

I have a 50W Lynch Box that I do not need. The prices on MTS amps have been kinda crap lately. I was thinking about getting Rob's SVP module and changing the Lynch Box speaker to a bass speaker. Essentially turning my LB combo into a bass combo. I know noting about cabinets for guitar vs bass. What do you think? Would it sound decent?
Lynch Box 50W
Lynch Box 100W
Lynch Box 50W combo (for sale)
JF: 59RR Platinum, Tweed, GrailTone, Vybe Deluxe, Venom, Brahma 39
Salvation: Camerock, Slavado Deluxe
Sacred Groove: Afterlife, MKII
Stock: Mr. Scary, Grail, Brahma, Judge

Corium_AZ
Lynch Box

Post by Corium_AZ » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:36 am

For what it's worth, I plugged my bass players bass into my RM100, through my vybe deluxe, and it killed! Massive bass, great tone, much better than his bass rig - he was floored, lol. This was through my Zinky 4x12. I'm sure if you ran it thru a decent bass cab, it's sound great. But, I'd personally think that 50W may be a little underpowered to push the kind of air needed for bass, but hell, who knows? Give it a shot. If you've got a good tight 2x12 (my 4x12 is basically two smallish, tight, 2x12's stacked in one cab) I'd try thru that with a cleanish mod, just to get a feel for how it might sound.
Band Sites (Until The Sun)
http://www.reverbnation.com/untilthesun
https://www.facebook.com/UntilTheSunBand

Budda Superdrive 45, Orange Rocker 30, Zinky 4x12, '72 Deluxe Tele and MIJ Greco LP Custom

The Rossness
Lynch Box

Post by The Rossness » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:03 am

50 watts ain't going to do it. I've got a 250 watt rig and I think it lacks headroom. That said it is a SS amp.
Good Deals- Just ask around

2 RM100's with Salvo Stonerverb, Cammerock, and MarkUS, Ultra XL EVH 5153, TC Electronic BG250, Kemper

WTB: Salvation Terrier

Kapo_Polenton
Lynch Box

Post by Kapo_Polenton » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:35 am

I would think it has less to do about watts and more the circuit itself.. case in point, I had a traynor YBA-1. Beofre I modded it, it clearly was a bass amp. Tons of clear pure tone. Pair that with a 15 inch speaker and that was what it was intended to do. After I modded it for breakup sooner and less bass, it was very plexi like. Kind of regret selling it sometimes but i needed the cash to finish my stairs (which i subsequently butchered and I feel they look like $hit)