pick up swaps n cab scallywops

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus1

Reaction score
been trying different pickups and cabs with my new v2. started with the blackout bridge . it sounds big and has most gain and grind reacts well to eq ing. next was emg 81-7. very tight and dry nice and quiet. kill djent style tone. if i had enough balls i would rock this in heartbeat super clear tight defined midrange. the guitar cut so well. it would show every flaw in my game :wink: . next emg 707 big grindy but kinda lose with lots of lower mids. modern sound for instant oceano. i used a hellraiser c-7 for all testing. tried my vader cab. souneds great tight n huge with full detail. the vader lets an amp sounds how it sounds and handles everything evenly. next randall rt with man owars n governors. similar sound but more grind makes the v2 sound gainier i like it alot. the rt series r very well built. probably best bulit cab i ever seen. i swapped the celestions for eminence got a good look inside. i like the blackout bridge n randall cab best with the hellraiser. thanks chuckmeh still got it. hahaha

www.myspace.com/bandxero

Nice dude. Always wanted to try my V2 or T2 with an Eminence cab or Vader cab.

If you're still experimenting on tubes maybe try a Ruby 12ax7 HG+. I like the sound in my V2's v1 slot.

i plan on getting some pre's. i think i m settled on the tungsol for the 12at7. that spot does affect the tone quite a bit. i will get the ruby for v1 i here eh's r good in this amp but i never cared for them in my mts stuff or when i was playing pv's. but i may try those too they do sound gritty if i remember. for some reason i have a dislike for jj although i know they r good. got 2 in there now with an lps in v1