Pod hd pro

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pouet88

Reaction score
Anyone using a pod hd pro with a rm100 or rm50?
Do you have some good patches for it?
And what is your experience working with this setup ?

pouet88 said:

I have a POD HD500 and Egnater MOD50. Not the same rig, but pretty similar. I set mine up together using the 4 cable method and had a few patches changing channels on the amp and adding some different FX. It was easy to do and provides some cool efficient flexibility.

What kind of patches are you looking for and are you using 4CM?

pouet88 said:

If i were you'd id get an FBV Shortboard first so you can footswitch your patches and I ran mine through the loop when i had it.
-mp-

I'm already setup with the 4 cable ,method, rm100lb and pod hd pro with shortboard mkII. It sounds great and was just wondering who were using it also...

I really wasn't planning on using the HD500 with the MOD50, but when I realized the MOD50 had the midi capability I figured I would check it out.
I only had it hooked up once and have been just going straight into the amp as I have been trying out some different modules. I need to get back to playing around with the complete set up. I tend to not use FX very often, but for messing around some times it is nice to have the option. I figure it might be good to take to jams too instead of my pedal board. It will give me all the ch switching, the wah and volume I want, and a tuner...plus the looper that could come in handy at times.
So at some point I'll get to hooking it back up and doing some evaluation of whether it effects my tone or not.
The other thing I want to try is building some patches using the HDs preamp models for clean tones. I have been gung ho on checking out high gain modules and the only one I have that does a clean is a VX module.

I have one in my rack with an RM4.. and I'm taking it out today. For me there are several problems with running the POD, your mileage may vary:
  • Levels get fudged at all junctions (for instance: your guitar is either too loud or too soft going into the preamp, and the preamp return is conversely too soft or too loud depending on how you try to fix the first problem, there are also no volume settings per preset, except in the mixer which is halfway down the signal chain .. )
  • There is one proper overdrive in there (the "Screamer") .. and it sucks big time
  • The noise gate is like a pedal .. no sidechaining, so in other words useless. My GSP1101 uses the guitar input as a source to gate after the loop, THAT is how it should work and it does brilliantly in that unit
  • The octaver and harmonizer don't do polyphonic even slightly, just another incentive to dump the unit and get a Whammy 5
The GSP1101 also seems much more transparent in tone, but that is hard to say for sure without AB-ing, which is nearly impossible.

Don't let me discourage you too much, there are huge upsides to the POD too: much greater selection of effects (bar overdrive IMO), very good delays with a lot of settings that are easy to tweak and overall a nicer looking and easy to use unit.
All I'm saying is: try one out and really think about which effects matter to you and try those.

thanks.....I have a pod hd as we speak but was thinking of getting a gsp1101 instead. I had one and the tone with it was awesome. I find that the pod hd has some tone suck.

After trying a lot configurations etc.....I decided to sell my hd pro and buy a g-system. I have a lot of flexibility this way. Like routing of overdrive pedal (no digital modeling), routing another preamp to use as a clean channel )like the ada MP-2 that i will use).....
And i also found the Hd Pro was sucking some tone (to my taste) so i'm going a different way.
But the hd pro did a good job anyway.

Latest posts