BC Gilmore

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oyster

Reaction score
I want to start off by saying I love how a Strat sounds! Hendrix, Stevie Ray, and one of my personal favorits David Gilmore use them. That being said. I hate the way the headstock looks. I have always wanted a David Gimore Strat, but price and that **** headstock have made it hard to swallow. I have Jackson, Ibanez, and a bunch of other great guitars but nothing like a 3-single Fender strat.

Thanks to Hamner1 I purchased a BC Rich Strat style Guitar- cream color body with maple neck and fret board. It showed up on my door when I was at work tody, and I just orderd the David Gilmore Sig. EMG-DG20 loaded pick guard this evening. Then tomorrow off to have some fretwork and other upgrades done.

I'll post Pics when Finished.

Enjoy..sounds like its gonna be great!
GtrGeorge
(a Strat guy...)

The EMG loaded Guard didn't fit the glued together cheaper body. I purchased a Mighty Mite replacement body- ash with maple top in sun burst. Still useing the B.C. Rich neck which is having the fret work done as we speak. I am now looking at the Hip Shot tremelo for it. Christmas and a few Mods Ray put up for sale has slowed the project but hoping end of January. My Guitar tech is a little backed up also, He is worth the wait. He has done work for Iron Maiden, Prince, Brian Setzer and more. Dave Rusan is amazing. Everyone should use him! Will keep everyone informed on the progress.

I found that the truss rod nut was stripped and now the truss rod is bent on the BC Rich neck. :( My just cut my losses and order a custom Mighty Mite neck to go with the body. I'll have them leave the headstock uncut so I can do my own.

Post when I have more Info on the neck situation.

After alot of talking with Dave Rusan, the only person I trust when it comes to my Guitars! I am going to use a USA custom neck. It will be very customized in birds eye maple with a full scaloped neck. Most of the work will be done by Dave, and I wanted to give him props. His work is amazing. He has done work for Prince, Iron maiden, Deep Purple, Brian Setzer, and more than I can name.

If you need Guitar work done he is the man!!!!!

I'll keep you updated.

Latest posts