MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scott Ian still uses his Randall :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seanh303
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no doubt about the KHX man! Please don't misunderstand, I'm DEF not saying it sux, it's still on my short list to have. Just that the other 3 guys REALLY tweaked the appearance and picked speakers that cost like 2x, whereas the KHX is pretty similar to the RV412 for components and appearance.

And actually, I think it's possible also (can't recall) that Kirk insisted on a cab with the custom 100w speakers, and so Randall also offered the RV412S-100 and RV412A-100 cabinets. Idk, on one hand, it makes sense that maybe Kirk wanted the G12H-100 customized a little, and to make it economical, Randall had to order a larger quantity and offer the speaker in more cabs than the RS412-KH100.

But at the same time, George was able to have a custom speaker made from Eminence, and a whole different one made from Celestion, and those speakers aren't offered in any other cab besides his sig ones. Of course, that includes a 1x12, 2x12, 4x12, and 1x12 combo, which are all still sold as part of the new non-modular line, so maybe just with the signature offerings, they were able to order enough of those speakers for that to work.

Plus, Kirk insisted on 2 cabinets, the v30/t-75 x-pattern and the 400w, so maybe they didn't let him go with the Heritage series speakers for his cabs, since he had 2. I do think the 2 cabs combined and his speaker selection do pretty much nail the metallica tone. He did go pretty big in that regard...gotta buy a full stack to get his sound!!!
JayDA
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree about the Ian stuff, while the stock mods can't hold a candle to Rob's stuff, it was definitely headed in the right direction. I have one of the few Ian cabs I've ever seen, and it eats my V30 loaded XL cab for breakfast. Must be the Heritage 60s, because there is a "solid" feeling to the low end, especially at high volumes, that i just don't hear in the other cab.
seanh303
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta get one of those cabs. $1500 is kinda steep though! Take $500 for yours? Laughing
notyet
RM50

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like so many other things... Its just a heartbreaker to me that the line is dead. The RM2x was sort of reasonably priced and could be customized. That just makes sense to me.

I guess people just want a regular old amp and be done with it.
mrbeasty
RM20

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the end of the MTS, you have to remember that when Randall licensed the modular concept from Bruce Egnater, Egnater was a tiny brand, doing mostly ghost design work (Rocktron, etc.). Today Egnater is a big brand, and a competitor to whom they have to pay a percentage. It has been ten years, Randall has a new head designer who probably wants to put his own imprint on Randall ... We can still look at Egnater and all the modders for fresh products ... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: