• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Randall RT2/50 in Sydney Austalia for $850AUD

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradle

Reaction score
So I was playing thru my Mr Scary the other day when it started to drop in volume, then suddenly pick back up and just generally sound fizzy (other modules sounded fine). Switched the amp off opened up the mr scary and R38 is burnt out and C20 (one of the top right hand electrolytic caps) next to it has a tiny bit of yellowish oil like goop on it. Is C20 leaking causing R38 to cook or is there likely another issue?

Cheers Brad

Also I'm saving my pennies at the moment for my first modded module, not too sure what I want, something hi gain a little Recto-ish any suggestions? [/img]

The B+ filter cap for the V2 supply line leaked, shorted and took out the dropping resistor. I suggest replacing both supply lines dropping resistors and the filter caps. There may be carbon damage to the PCB (there often is) from this, so if you aren't familiar with this type of repair you want someone who is to do it. If it arcs and shorts badly the module could be lost.

If you need help, shoot me an email.

The title says it all. Half 6L6, half EL34, sounds awesome. I also have two 1x12 V30 cabs for about $220 each, both pretty much new, less than 4 months old.

Latest posts