favorite KT88 tubes? RM50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
what do folks like to run. I want my mods to have a full spectrum sound and some greater headroom.....

Running the mods in my sig. Hoping to get the most of a wide open vintage grind

thanks

I was afraid of that. How about a KT66? same deal?

I guess I was hoping the lesser expensive ones were nice nice. All I've ever heard is how great the Gold Lions are. I'm sure I will be happy with them

Thanks

I tried three lots of KT-88s, Ruby, JJ...and the Gold Lion were the best..I have a bunch of big bottles downstairs, from what I remember there was a Svet tube that was nice sounding (maybe the 6550) but I could be getting the brand wrong - wasn't the name nought by someone else

Didn't like KT-66, too hard and glassy sounding...

I use ElectroHarmonic (EHX) with pretty fair results - not too expensive either. I've also used JJ which I was also happy with and again were not bank breaking.

Gold Lion are pretty much the best unless you can find some winged C, which are still available NOS but will be stupid expensive, last time I priced these they were ~£100 / $160 a pair.

TBH I'd go with EHX or JJ's and see if you like the overall tone and if you do you can think about NOS or Lions from there. JJ's at Valve queen are $78 a pair:

http://store.valvequeen.com/tubes/jj-kt88-

Latest posts