MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Judge GTO video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamner1
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: The Judge GTO video Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goD6zakYCpU

Taking Mike P's advice, this vid should be void of digital distortion or at least significantly reduced compared to the Brahma & SL-OD100.

FYI - here are the settings I used on Audacity and the Omega for this video:
Omega: Mic 1 set at 10:30
Audacity: recording - Gain 0db, Mic input .4, Speaker output .8
Export to WAV Mic and Speaker set the same, Gain changed to +21db

Definately need to splurge a little for Cubase or something else.

Good deals with: warlock, sickpunk, marinebassplayer, Rising Farce, durchgedreht, mattfig, & others.
RADE01
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done man! That really captures the feel of the Judge I think.
Maybe it can pull off more JCM800 type tones. I used to think it only did the more vintage type tones.
I definitely find it too dark with mode switch to the right. When I first bought mine I thought it was too bright on the left side, but I think I've run it in since then, coz now I wouldn't run it any other way than to the left.
Hamner1
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RADE01 wrote:
Well done man! That really captures the feel of the Judge I think.
Maybe it can pull off more JCM800 type tones. I used to think it only did the more vintage type tones.
I definitely find it too dark with mode switch to the right. When I first bought mine I thought it was too bright on the left side, but I think I've run it in since then, coz now I wouldn't run it any other way than to the left.

Thank you for the compliment.

It could get in the ballpark I think, especially with a modest boost/OD pedal. Probably a Tubescreamer type pedal so you get some eq filtering. I think mode 2 is just to fuzzy for 800 tones, and mode 1 is too bright. Modding mode 2 a little could yield some 800 tones. That brings to mind a crazy idea in my head now. Leave mode 1 unaltered, mod mode 2 to replicate an 800, then have a push pull on the gain for a gain boost. Spending money I don't have. Laughing

I ran into the same deal with mine. New, mode 1 was crazy bright/shrill. Other than using the neck pickup there was no taming it. Mode 2 was crazy creamy goodness. After I broke it in then mode 2 became a fuzzy mess and mode 1 became pretty cool. It's still a little bright for my tastes but not shrill even using the bridge pickup.

Good deals with: warlock, sickpunk, marinebassplayer, Rising Farce, durchgedreht, mattfig, & others.
Shinozoku
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gahhhhhhhh sloppy timing on a Megadeth riff xD

Recording is much better! Try Reaper as a free step-up from Audacity. Recording quality is much nicer from what I've heard.

Digging the tones though!
Edwards E-AL-128 with a Seymour Duncan JB
Hamner1
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinozoku wrote:
Gahhhhhhhh sloppy timing on a Megadeth riff xD

Recording is much better! Try Reaper as a free step-up from Audacity. Recording quality is much nicer from what I've heard.

Digging the tones though!

Thank you for the compliments on tone and the Reaper suggestion.

Yeah my timing is terrible. Laughing I should really play with a metronome or the song in the background.

nscarfo83
RM20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree you got a great sound out of that dude.
eyeball987
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the other day about using the JF SLO in the lower gain mode and hitting it with a clean boost. I am really digging the tone. This tone reminds of something that could really sound great with a boost when needed.

I didn't dig the Judge I had for a short time but after watching this and thinking of my thoughts with the above statement, the Judge could be used in the same way. Nice post.
Marshall 1960B with Greenbacks.
Hamner1
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words & you are correct. The Judge at about 1-2 o' clock and a boost yields some cool tones. Mode 1 anyway. Currently she is in the very capable hands of Rob at JF to work some magic on Mode 2.

Kapo_Polenton
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is he going to do with mode 2?
Hamner1
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know. Laughing
It is in the R&D phase at the moment. I'm shooting for a Heavy saturated Marshall 800 tone that still has some clarity. If you can imagine taking a JCM800 & slamming the front with a 10 band eq (level boosted & a certain EQ curve), that is kind of what I am after. All of that with Mode 1 staying relatively unmolested. Shocked

DSey9
RM20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: