JF SL-OD100 clip/video

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75rKKsp4WTk

The module seems more robust live in the room than on the recording. Probably has something to do with needing to work out the kinks of my mic placement, Omega settings, and soundcard &/or software.
FYI I used Audacity for the recording software as I have not sprung for Cubase or any other product yet.

Sweet. I like to hear different clips of this mod. It really gets the SLO vibe happening nicely. I really like my SL-OD100. It sounds really clear and it has nice punch to the notes. I use an RM100 with 6L6s and it slays. It does a real nice clean up act with the volume knob rolled back. It is really impressive. Actually good enough to serve as a clean tone in a gig setting.
Rock on man!!!
:twisted: :shock: :twisted:

Hamner1 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75rKKsp4WTk

The module seems more robust live in the room than on the recording. Probably has something to do with needing to work out the kinks of my mic placement, Omega settings, and soundcard &/or software.
FYI I used Audacity for the recording software as I have not sprung for Cubase or any other product yet.

The recording was filled with a massive amount of digital distortion. I'd recommend recording at -10 db or lower to eliminate digital artifacts. It'll sound way better, too. :D

Mike P said:
The recording was filled with a massive amount of digital distortion. I'd recommend recording at -10 db or lower to eliminate digital artifacts. It'll sound way better, too. :D

I was wondering about that as well. It was strange, again realizing I am using an inferior software product, but Audacity was showing little sound waves not the high peaks I ws expecting. But as soon as I was listening to it, the volume control on my PC looked like it was clipping/maxing out. I thought the distortion was my crappy PC monitor speakers. Thank you for the heads up. I am going to work on a GTO vid/clip, so I will mess with the db setting and try the -10.

Latest posts