MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Synergy mods gain list
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Synergy Amps & Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buriedorburned
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Synergy mods gain list Reply with quote

Have I got this correct?

TDLX
BMAN
MORGAN AC
METROPOULOS METROPLEX
PLEXI
FRIEDMAN DS
FRIEDMAN BE
FRIEDMAN HBE
SOLDANO SLO
DIEZEL VH4

Last edited by buriedorburned on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
tnjazz
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, yes
rjandrade
RM20

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Synergy mods gain list Reply with quote

Dave said on tone talk that with the plexi module you could get more of a van halen tone, so i would imagine it has more gain than the metroplex
warmachine67
RM50

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donít have a dirty Shirley, but Iíd didnít realize it has more gain than the 800.

I do have a plexi, metro, HBE, 800, vh4, slo, ac, and tdlx.

From the ones I have, the order looks correct to me. The metro does have more gain than the plexi.

I could see how it was said the plexi has more of a Van Halen tone if you consider the older 1978 brown sound ďtheĒ Van Halen tone. The plexi is more of a that sound.

Itís sort of hard for me to put in words, but side by side the difference can be heard, if one had both.
buriedorburned
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny as I originally had the DS above the 800 on the list, but changed it last minute based on a guess. It may well be the other way round!

Update: Relistened to the clips of both DS and 800 mods and the 800 definitely has more gain. Also, the Plexi appears to have more gain than the Metroplex. List updated!
gaboocho
RM20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buriedorburned wrote:
That's funny as I originally had the DS above the 800 on the list, but changed it last minute based on a guess. It may well be the other way round!

Update: Relistened to the clips of both DS and 800 mods and the 800 definitely has more gain. Also, the Plexi appears to have more gain than the Metroplex. List updated!

I can't see needing more gain than the SLO, especially the red channel.
chrismilne
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaboocho wrote:
buriedorburned wrote:

I can't see needing more gain than the SLO, especially the red channel.

Maybe not "more" gain, but i'd like something more modern as an option...like a Victory Kraken type of sound (maybe the Engl will deliver there, or the upcoming Kraken pedal if not Smile)
Strymon Flint and Mobius, TC Triple Delay, JHS Andy Timmons, Kemper, Ventris, Koko Boost, Carl Martin AT Compressor, Proanalog MKIV Fuzz, Ibanez TS9dx
Mattallica
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone post a similar Syn list but for cleans?

I want the cleanest module that's not fendery.

I keep watching the Morgan ACs go on Reverb, but from what you guys are saying the DS might be cleaner?
MarcoR
Donating Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattallica wrote:
Can someone post a similar Syn list but for cleans?

I want the cleanest module that's not fendery.

I keep watching the Morgan ACs go on Reverb, but from what you guys are saying the DS might be cleaner?

You can can a nice clean tone with the DS for sure but the Bman is amazing, big, round clean on A and my favorite edge of breakup on B. Not the scooped mids of a Fender at all.
tnjazz
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the Morgan AC to be very much NOT clean. I was hoping for a clean shimmery non-Fender tone on channel A, but the best I could get was edge of breakup at all but the very lowest of gains.

Haven't tried the BMan or the DS, but I've read they have very nice non-TDLX type cleans on their A channels.
Mattallica
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas, you've saved me a lot of disappointment there!

I'll keep an eye out for a second hand Bman then. I haven't seen one on Reverb yet, so they must be worth holding on to.

In comparison there have been a lot of ACs for sale. People must be in the same boat as myself, thinking that they're getting the whole clean pedal platform thing. I'm just after cleans mind, nothing for pedal use.

I'm having to buy second hand to keep the costs down. The duty and tax i have to pay put the prices back up above retail.
gaboocho
RM20

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to wait for the BB/BE Module. I think the BB channel is cleaner than the BMAN.
Mattallica
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm itching to get this setup underway. Who knows how long the wait will be for the new modules... also won't the OS be the cleanest of them all?

I already have a BE so i'm not leaning towards the BB/BE for the sake of diversity. I really do like the BE however...
tnjazz
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the BB/BE and the OS for a good while at the Synergy booth at Summer NAMM.

Went in there totally sold on the Friedman as I had been for months. Walked out underwhelmed by it, and to my surprise I was totally blown away by the OS. Might actually be the best Synergy module Iíve ever heard, to be honest. The cleans were jaw droppingly good.
Mattallica
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they give you an actual ETA on the release date? as opposed to what they've posted on FB?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Synergy Amps & Modules All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: