SYN-2 Volume-Level Settings

Area for the Synergy line of amps and modules
Rising Farce
Lynch Box

SYN-2 Volume-Level Settings

Post by Rising Farce » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:02 pm

SYN-2 owners, how are you setting your module and rack master-volume levels relative to the power amp (or host amp) master? I'm having a bit of trouble striking the right balance of tone (from the module), fullness (from the amp), and minimal background noise.

Lespauled
RM20

Re: SYN-2 Volume-Level Settings

Post by Lespauled » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:22 pm

I have a SYN1, and I've been running through a ton of different sounds with the Plexi module. Just today, I tried full dime on the level and volume. It sounded great, had some noise, but not much.

Rising Farce
Lynch Box

Post by Rising Farce » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Lespauled wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:22 pm
I have a SYN1, and I've been running through a ton of different sounds with the Plexi module. Just today, I tried full dime on the level and volume. It sounded great, had some noise, but not much.
Thanks for the input.

I'm not sure running both volumes wide open would work with the (extremely high-gain, and thus somewhat noise-prone) Engl, which I use quite a bit, but I'll give it a shot.

Overall, I'm trying to get an idea of what role the SYN-2 master plays in the overall equation, as it's an additional variable over the modular heads I've used in the past.

retropete
RM50

Post by retropete » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:42 am

I've been trying to keep the red clipping light from being continuously on. That means my module and master volumes are relatively low. Otherwise I seem to get some clipping distortion as opposed to harmonic distortion. It seems to be a much different approach than on my Lynchbox. But who knows, I may be doing something wrong ;-)
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However an extraordinary amount of electrons were inconvenienced.

MarcoR
Donating Member

Post by MarcoR » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:01 pm

What is the "red clipping light" you refer too? Do you mean the sag indication light?
Synergy: SYN2, Friedman DS, HBE
Self Modded: Egnater B'Man, SL2X
Amps: VHT 2/50/2, RM50, Landry LS100 G3, Splawn Quick Rod, Marshall 6100LM

retropete
RM50

Post by retropete » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Oh is that what it is? Haha. When in doubt, read the manual ;-) Still, when I have the volumes up high, I it seems I get some clipping distortion.
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However an extraordinary amount of electrons were inconvenienced.

gaboocho
RM20

Post by gaboocho » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:36 pm

I set it to 11