Got my RM100...it sucks so bad!!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bottom line from someone who use to be unhappy as hell with his rm100. take the time , do your homework on tubes and biasing , play around with it and find the best combonations because hands down this amp crushes almost anything. no matter what style of music from rock to country to heavy mean a **** metal this is the amp to have. i've owned a nice list of tube amps as well as solid state and none of them have ever sounded as good as this one. like i said though it may take awhile to get it dialed in but trust me its in there

SouPortugues said:
Man-
I gotta say this, kudos to you forum cats here.
Other forums I've been on for years (eveything from computers, to cooking, to recording, to foriegn language) seems to flame people for attacking things that they hold dear. That was a two page thread without any flames, thats friggin awesome.
I know I sound like I'm gushing, but I'm new to your little forum, as well as MTS amps, and am just really happy to have stumbled upon a community, as opposed to a group.

Hats off ladies and gents, hats off.

+1. It's imporessive that you folks love the amps and don't take it personally that someone bad mothed them.

Different strokes for different folks as far as gear goes but this forum is a class act in my book and everyone on it :D

Ermm. Just a quick note about all the pedals and stuff to make an amp sound good. My example would be John Petrucci *yeah I know he doesn't use Randalls* But he has a MONSTER RIG full of processors and gadgets and probably a microwave to cook his food. But out of all that he has one of the best *in my opinion* lead tones and monster riff tones. I do have a RM100 *busted right now* but when I used it, it kicked so much ***. I have the Ultra, XTC, and Recto. Yeah the Recto sucks in my opinion, but the XTC screamed with a OD pedal. Like you tweaked with your Vetta Schlagdog,your MTS needs tweaking as well.

Yeah, I used my RM100 today for writing with my drummer and it simply pwns :D I use the XTC, 1086 and Ultra XL, all of which sounded great.

Raise your strings, lower your pickups, and you might be very surprised at the difference! Generally, if you depend heavily on O.D., distortion boxes, or especially modeling amps and play a "processed' sound you're going to have to learn all over again. Your sound starts in your soul, you heart, and then your hands. How many times have you seen the great players and every time it's a different amp? The Randall modular system will give you anything you want to hear. (IMHO) Pat L.

I guess the Recto is the copy of the Dual Rectifier circuit. I have the Egnater Erect, and I did not like it at first. But then I learned to apply a serious midscoop on that module. Treble and bass at 3 o'clock, mid at 9 o'clock. Super thick and chunky on high gain, or a sparkly, vox like tone on low gain. So just tune into drop D and chunk out. Not my favorite lead tone, but it will do in a pinch.

Its true that you really have to take some time to get the feel of any amp. I originally HATED my Mesa Dual Rectifier when I bought it used. I was playing through a Marshall valvestate cabinet w/ celestion G12L-35 speakers and the amp had a quad of EH EL34s in it. I'm not even sure if they were matched or what. I ditched the EL34s for some Mesa 6L6s and bought some Vintage 30s for my cabinet.. MAN, what a difference! If you are playing the RM100 into the Vetta cabinet it might sound like crap depending on the speakers in there.. Also, if you want mid scooped balls tone I would go with 6L6s. I dont have that much experience with EL34s but 6L6s have worked for me so I dont see any point in changing now. I actually have a RM100 on the way and it has EL34s... they'll probably get yanked out in about .5 seconds ;)

Latest posts