Anyone have photos of RM20/22 insides?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BatAML

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi (newbie here). I am clearing out my MTS stuff and the last amp I have left is an RM20 (it was a combo, then it was cut down to head format).

The amp has had a few PCB mods and it squeals with some medium-gain modules (Plexi, XTC, etc). Can't be normal, so I'd like to compare its internal wiring (which seems a bit messy for a commercial PCB-based amp) to the standard cable routing.

Please let me know if you have some photos I can use to compare.

(Will also ask on the Facebook Group page, so apologies if you read the same thing there.)

Just updating in the hope that it might be useful to people in the future... I've had a photo suppled via the Facebook group. Not my photo, so I can't post it here.

But this is mine as it is now:

IMG_1644.JPG

I will do some 'chopsticking' to see if I can find out which cable(s) are causing the parasitic oscillation. Will report back on what I find.

There are also some cap upgrades - 3x vintage mustard caps in the preamp and a replacement on the Presence/Density board.

Just updating in the hope that it might be useful to people in the future... I've had a photo suppled via the Facebook group. Not my photo, so I can't post it here.

But this is mine as it is now:

View attachment 243

I will do some 'chopsticking' to see if I can find out which cable(s) are causing the parasitic oscillation. Will report back on what I find.

There are also some cap upgrades - 3x vintage mustard caps in the preamp and a replacement on the Presence/Density board.
This is an RM20. I have some additional close-ups of cable connections as well if needed. Cheers, Paul.

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpeg
    IMG_0881.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0889.jpeg
    IMG_0889.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0891.jpeg
    IMG_0891.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0890.jpeg
    IMG_0890.jpeg