Judge & Jury mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disciple

Reaction score
Wanted to share with community my first major modded module I've attempted with the help and guidance of Sacred Groove aka Scott - it's called Judge and Jury.

I've had this name and idea for sometime after playing the GTO/Judge module at a music store but wasn't able to get it to fruition until I finally got one myself a bit ago. I really liked the stock Judge module, but as many others on here know there's just a few things missing from it that really make it stand out.

I contacted Scott with my idea and he has helped me unleash the beast to say the least with the Judge module's potential and from his help I've tweaked it with additional options and features to help shape's it's core tone. I've got to say, this has quickly become one of my favorite mods!

A little background on features:

Grip (Unique 3 way tight switch settings)
Voicing (3 way switch)
N/C/B (Mid shaping for Normal/Cut/Boost)
Fire (2 way switch to go from stock to newly added gain stage)
Bi-color LED for Fire switch (green stock/red added gain stage).

Along with overall design and assembly on this mod, I also did the faceplate. Fitting with the Judge and Jury theme I chose to go with a modern version of the Libra scale for the artwork (scale ends below bright switch and LED). The artwork is hand scraped onto the faceplate for the scale design and other accents on faceplate. The text for pots and switches are brushed silver and same with the Judge and Jury and SD logo. The SD logo is a combination of Scott and I's screennames since this project was a collaborative effort with his valuable suggestions and information and I did the building of the module.

Hope you guys dig it!

7005069956_fe35b49a7a_z.jpg

7005073042_8d1148a82f_z.jpg

Seems like it would be cool. Like the faceplate. I would still like to try a stocker. Modded would be even better. Any changes with the mode?

Grip (Unique 3 way tight switch settings)
Voicing (3 way switch)
N/C/B (Mid shaping for Normal/Cut/Boost)

Gut shot? then clips... I've been debating whether i sell mine or mod it. still can't decide. I also respect you wanting to keep mod particulars to yourself but would be interested in what you did with the voicing switch and how that works. What does it do to the tone?

@ brewtus - with the voicing and n/c/b options the mode 2 is now more open and not blanketed, more a saturation option now and with those two switch options there's a crazy amount of combinations for tone shaping! Also did two faceplate options (thicker stronger glossy version shown and thinner basic version more sparkle less gloss) both versions have hand scrape design.

@ rhequiem - hope to get setup with a mic setup soon for some clips.

@ kapo - PM sent

Thanks for responses guys much appreciated :)

I would LOVE to hear clips of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GtrGeorge

so is there just one of these in existance?

maybe we can talk Scott into throwing us (GTO owners) a bone and posting the specs for this hotrodded GTO mod in the DIY section ? :D

I've always said the GTO just needed to be tweaked to sound awesome

I'll bet this SG mod kills !

fuzzboat said:
maybe we can talk Scott into throwing us (GTO owners) a bone and posting the specs for this hotrodded GTO mod in the DIY section ? :D

I've always said the GTO just needed to be tweaked to sound awesome

I'll bet this SG mod kills !

Scott helped me throughout with questions and especially the added gain stage, one of the best guys on this forum! The other options (voicing and n/c/b) I tweaked with the judge to help with the mode option and open up that more for versatility especially the grip which has 3 options but 2 unique tight settings that I've yet to see in another mod that really fit well with the Judge.

GtrGeorge! said:
I would LOVE to hear clips of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GtrGeorge

so is there just one of these in existance?

This is the only one so far, I finalized this on Saturday after getting the two faceplate options where I liked them.

Ulf said:
Kapo_Polenton said:
Ulf, contact Disciple..

I am interested in a Judge sound mod, not the faceplate! :)

PMed - maybe my wording was off in first post :p. I edited it to clarify more. This mod and overall design was from me, Scott being the gracious guy he is helped answer some of my questions in the design process and helped me with the additional gain stage when I was getting my recent order from him (XTC LE upgrade and new Bully mod).

I just received mine. This is definitely a very nice mode. Great crunch and higher gain module and a lot more flexible than the original Judge was!

Kapo_Polenton said:
How much diff is there in the voicing switch? Any chance for some clips?

All switches make a noticable difference:
* three-way voicing switch offers two fuller tones and one that is more slim. * Grip controls the tightness, bass amount
* Bright adds sparkle as usual
* Mode switch to the right makes the sound dark.
* the extra Gain stage (Fire) is also very usable

There is a mid switch, too. It need to check this with Disciple.
He is a great and response guy. Great work!
And the artwork is really nice, too.

I am not sure, you want to hear me doodling? ;-)

Yes! doodle away! We all know Germans are great guitar players... Shenker, need I say more?

Looks baddass, very interested to hear it an maybe buy one.

I liked my stock Judge but it had to go so I could buy a Comerock at the time but could be interested in getting one of these now :)

Latest posts