• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Eggie EG3 w/ X Mod / SOLD !!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindCrime

Reaction score
For Sale only

Egnater / Randall EG3 in MINT condition. This one has the X Mod. Not too many of these floating around !!

Nick Pierro did the mod and had consulted with Bruce Egnater directly. All modifications are labelled on the bottom plate with a professionally identified sticker as per Bruce Egnaters request to all users who mod his stuff. Nick does nothing half assed. Look him up, he's "Rock Star Nick".

SOLD !! - shipped & PayPal'd (in the ConUSA only) no trades on this one.

z2gb.jpg

5zz4.jpg

Thanks for looking !

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like the recipe for the X-Mod is on the mod sticker there?

Well, you do have a point there. I deleted that photo...but I was showing Proof / verification that this is NOT A STOCK EG3.

I can send that photo ( with the sticker on the bottom of the module) to the buyer.

Cheers everyone.... :mrgreen:

The sticker was fine to post; it showed the mod was done by Nick Pierro who does the artwork for Jaded Faith Mods. Nick was performing the X mod a few years back. The X mod is no secret and Bruce had posted the 2 components to change on the RigTalk forum. This is the mod to convert the SL2 to a SL2X but also works fine on any Marshall based mod to open it up a bit. This was originally the GNR mod but I?m afraid it has nothing to do with King?s X. There was the mythical Gretchen mod but I?m sure Ty still had possession of that. This module, the Egnater EG3 was known to have some real mojo; more so then the dual EG3/4 and closer to the 3rd channel of the ie4 it replicates. This is a great module to get and hold on to.

MarcoR said:
The sticker was fine to post; it showed the mod was done by Nick Pierro who does the artwork for Jaded Faith Mods. Nick was performing the X mod a few years back. The X mod is no secret and Bruce had posted the 2 components to change on the RigTalk forum. This is the mod to convert the SL2 to a SL2X but also works fine on any Marshall based mod to open it up a bit. This was originally the GNR mod but I?m afraid it has nothing to do with King?s X. There was the mythical Gretchen mod but I?m sure Ty still had possession of that. This module, the Egnater EG3 was known to have some real mojo; more so then the dual EG3/4 and closer to the 3rd channel of the ie4 it replicates. This is a great module to get and hold on to.

Very cool Marco, thanks for the info.

MarcoR said:
I?m afraid it has nothing to do with King?s X.

Yeah, "less smooth, more bright" is pretty much the opposite of how I'd describe the KX strat tone. I spent this morning trying out a new set of pickups I installed specifically for Ty-chasing and still ended up with the mid at 10 and treb at 0 on most modules.

I'm following some friendly advice and lowering my price once again to $170. I know there's not a high demand for the Eggie EG3 but....it's still available at a much better price.

To the top, one more time :D

Latest posts