MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Facebook
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JD
RM100


Joined: 01 Mar 2010
Posts: 373
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Facebook Reply with quote

Anyone been on Facebook lately? Just sayin... Rolling Eyes
_________________
RM100/RM100KH
Stock- Blackface/SL+/Mr. Scary/KH-3
Jaded Faith -Super Clean/1959RR/OD Special/SL- OD100
Sacred Groove -MK22/The Bully
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mattfig
Donating Member


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 5570
Location: Hurtling through space on a wet rock.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I hadn't but I have...
_________________
Matt Fig -
MotorCity Mods
www.motorcitymods.com

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JD
RM100


Joined: 01 Mar 2010
Posts: 373
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not very professional.
_________________
RM100/RM100KH
Stock- Blackface/SL+/Mr. Scary/KH-3
Jaded Faith -Super Clean/1959RR/OD Special/SL- OD100
Sacred Groove -MK22/The Bully
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doornat
RM20


Joined: 18 May 2014
Posts: 48
Location: Chandler, AZ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What'd I miss?
_________________
PRS Custom 22 + Chromasurf Les Paul + Jackson Soloist Prototype 7 string + Marshall DSL100 + EVH 5150iii + Randall RM100 + PRS Archon<3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mattfig
Donating Member


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 5570
Location: Hurtling through space on a wet rock.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically Rob decided to say that I have attempted to steal his ideas and messed with his modules and then sold these messed up mods as "as new." No one EVER complained of this until Rob and until now...This forum would be lit up if I did this and people would surely notice the shoddy solder jobs he claims I did...
Basically I am the reason for the black goop...

I posted this on FB but he deleted it!

I have my own biz to protect so I offer this much...Everything else between Rob and I is personal and I won't be going to that level.
_________________
Matt Fig -
MotorCity Mods
www.motorcitymods.com

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MarcoR
Donating Member


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 854
Location: Frederick, MD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattfig wrote:
I have attempted to steal his ideas and messed with his modules and then sold these messed up mods as "as new."


Wait? didn?t you accuse him of something similar a few months back?
Sorry for quoting what you said out of context, it?s just more funny that way

Mattfig wrote:

I have my own biz to protect


Yep it sucks when you have something to protect and people are attacking you.

Mattfig wrote:
Everything else between Rob and I is personal


Why don?t you guys just kiss and make up?
_________________
Synergy: SYN2, Friedman DS, HBE
Self Modded: Egnater B'Man, SL2X
Amps: VHT 2/50/2, RM50, Landry LS100 G3, Splawn Quick Rod, Marshall 6100LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mattfig
Donating Member


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 5570
Location: Hurtling through space on a wet rock.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarcoR wrote:
Mattfig wrote:
I have attempted to steal his ideas and messed with his modules and then sold these messed up mods as "as new."


Wait? didn?t you accuse him of something similar a few months back?
Sorry for quoting what you said out of context, it?s just more funny that way

Mattfig wrote:

I have my own biz to protect


Yep it sucks when you have something to protect and people are attacking you.

Mattfig wrote:
Everything else between Rob and I is personal


Why don?t you guys just kiss and make up?


I did say something within a thread and apologized as it was uncool...This is a full on FB thread that he controls and deletes my responses. Different story to me...

As for the kiss and make up....I'm not opposed to it down the line...The timing doesn't seem quite right at the moment...lol....It's old s*&t to you guys so might as well just let it be...
_________________
Matt Fig -
MotorCity Mods
www.motorcitymods.com

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JD
RM100


Joined: 01 Mar 2010
Posts: 373
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, accuse somebody of something and do it in a place where they can't defend themselves. Not cool at all.
_________________
RM100/RM100KH
Stock- Blackface/SL+/Mr. Scary/KH-3
Jaded Faith -Super Clean/1959RR/OD Special/SL- OD100
Sacred Groove -MK22/The Bully
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
suphuckers
Lynch Box


Joined: 05 Aug 2014
Posts: 689
Location: Under a Tree Near the Stage Coach Inn Museum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean not to get in the middle of this (OMG dont get me in the middle of this, but I just wanna throw this out there...) Aren't all of Rob's mods just copies of someone elses s*&t anyways? I mean wtf is that about? LoL He was the 1541st guy to copy a fender, so you can't copy a fender too? lmao

EDIT:I mean I didn't even see what you all were fighting about. Im just basing that off of what was said above.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarcoR
Donating Member


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 854
Location: Frederick, MD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD wrote:
Yes, accuse somebody of something and do it in a place where they can't defend themselves. Not cool at all.


I totally agree with this statement.

Normally I love some good forum drama as it makes the work day more interesting. In this case, I?m glad no one is really jumping on band wagons to defend their camps side. Behind the scenes it may be different but the appearance from the outside for the most part it seems both parties are taking the high road and not pursuing anymore trash talk publicly. Kudos to all.

Personally, if my product was returned to me in a state where it had been noticeably tampered with and I had seen the same type of tampering before, it would be difficult for me not to become emotional about it and react in some way (right or wrong). If I had also been taking repeated jabs and slanders by the party I suspected was responsible, I would further become emotionally charged. What does 99.9 percent of the population do when they are wound up about something? They post it on facebook.

No names were named? sure, anyone on this forum would know exactly who was being called out but let?s keep in mind this forum is actually a small percentage of JFMs actual customer base. Perhaps the posts were removed so that no one would be officially implicated to protect the innocent?
Shocked
_________________
Synergy: SYN2, Friedman DS, HBE
Self Modded: Egnater B'Man, SL2X
Amps: VHT 2/50/2, RM50, Landry LS100 G3, Splawn Quick Rod, Marshall 6100LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JD
RM100


Joined: 01 Mar 2010
Posts: 373
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the post could have been left as buyer beware and no more said. Especially if nearly everyone of those mods has come back and been repaired. Why start anything now?
_________________
RM100/RM100KH
Stock- Blackface/SL+/Mr. Scary/KH-3
Jaded Faith -Super Clean/1959RR/OD Special/SL- OD100
Sacred Groove -MK22/The Bully
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
suphuckers
Lynch Box


Joined: 05 Aug 2014
Posts: 689
Location: Under a Tree Near the Stage Coach Inn Museum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well MarcoR, After reading your post I realized I should maybe clarify what I was saying. ...and I don't wanna argue with anyone about this ...because truthfully who gives a s*&t? LoL

But... It's not "his product". It's a Randall/Egnater product that he "Hacked". I mean I went and read Rob's post and.. well... He's pissed because he thinks someone hacked his hack? Maybe someone didn't like his hack, and was trying to make it better. Anyone ever think of that? ..and where exactly did Rob get all of his knowledge? He's never reverse engineered anything himself? Not saying anyone was trying to or not trying to do that but... WTH does it matter? ..and while I'm on the subject. What the hell is the deal with the black goop anyways? I mean... Has anyone ever seen a fender/dumble/marshall etc filled with black goop? It's because he doesn't want people to see he charged you $200 for 5 caps 6 resistors and 2 switchs, that's why. I'm new to this stuff, but I'm not new to guitars/amps by a long shot. Go look at guys that build pedals. They all share their schematics and diagrams. Sure some of them sell their pedals, but they don't fill them with goop. I can build my own pedals but sometimes I don't because... sometimes it's worth it to me for someone else to do it. Wink No Goop needed! Just sayin LoL Again not arguing or trying to peck a fight. ...and if you read this Rob, please don't get all fb on me LoL. It just makes me shake my head is all Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JD
RM100


Joined: 01 Mar 2010
Posts: 373
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suphuckers wrote:
well MarcoR, After reading your post I realized I should maybe clarify what I was saying. ...and I don't wanna argue with anyone about this ...because truthfully who gives a s*&t? LoL

But... It's not "his product". It's a Randall/Egnater product that he "Hacked". I mean I went and read Rob's post and.. well... He's pissed because he thinks someone hacked his hack? Maybe someone didn't like his hack, and was trying to make it better. Anyone ever think of that? ..and where exactly did Rob get all of his knowledge? He's never reverse engineered anything himself? Not saying anyone was trying to or not trying to do that but... WTH does it matter? ..and while I'm on the subject. What the hell is the deal with the black goop anyways? I mean... Has anyone ever seen a fender/dumble/marshall etc filled with black goop? It's because he doesn't want people to see he charged you $200 for 5 caps 6 resistors and 2 switchs, that's why. I'm new to this stuff, but I'm not new to guitars/amps by a long shot. Go look at guys that build pedals. They all share their schematics and diagrams. Sure some of them sell their pedals, but they don't fill them with goop. I can build my own pedals but sometimes I don't because... sometimes it's worth it to me for someone else to do it. Wink No Goop needed! Just sayin LoL Again not arguing or trying to peck a fight. ...and if you read this Rob, please don't get all fb on me LoL. It just makes me shake my head is all Shocked


Now that was a good read. Lol. Someone hacked his hack. Lol.
_________________
RM100/RM100KH
Stock- Blackface/SL+/Mr. Scary/KH-3
Jaded Faith -Super Clean/1959RR/OD Special/SL- OD100
Sacred Groove -MK22/The Bully
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mattfig
Donating Member


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 5570
Location: Hurtling through space on a wet rock.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, the point is that if I was messing up his mods on a poor attempt at soldering - wouldn't someone who actually bought from me complain? Not two years later from Rob?

I mean I have bought and sold hundreds of mods with zero complaints...If that really is what Rob is pissed at, it was NOT me...
_________________
Matt Fig -
MotorCity Mods
www.motorcitymods.com

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mattfig
Donating Member


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 5570
Location: Hurtling through space on a wet rock.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarcoR wrote:
JD wrote:
Yes, accuse somebody of something and do it in a place where they can't defend themselves. Not cool at all.


I totally agree with this statement.

Normally I love some good forum drama as it makes the work day more interesting. In this case, I?m glad no one is really jumping on band wagons to defend their camps side. Behind the scenes it may be different but the appearance from the outside for the most part it seems both parties are taking the high road and not pursuing anymore trash talk publicly. Kudos to all.

Personally, if my product was returned to me in a state where it had been noticeably tampered with and I had seen the same type of tampering before, it would be difficult for me not to become emotional about it and react in some way (right or wrong). If I had also been taking repeated jabs and slanders by the party I suspected was responsible, I would further become emotionally charged. What does 99.9 percent of the population do when they are wound up about something? They post it on facebook.

No names were named? sure, anyone on this forum would know exactly who was being called out but let?s keep in mind this forum is actually a small percentage of JFMs actual customer base. Perhaps the posts were removed so that no one would be officially implicated to protect the innocent?
Shocked


It's like you guys really think it could have been me...Wouldn't one person have caught on and outed me by this point? Rob's displaced anger will get no thanks or kudos from me...Both parties on the high road? Hmmm....
_________________
Matt Fig -
MotorCity Mods
www.motorcitymods.com

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group