MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Facebook
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Facebook Reply with quote

Anyone been on Facebook lately? Just sayin... Rolling Eyes
Sacred Groove -MK22/The Bully
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I hadn't but I have...

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
JD
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not very professional.
doornat
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What'd I miss?
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically Rob decided to say that I have attempted to steal his ideas and messed with his modules and then sold these messed up mods as "as new." No one EVER complained of this until Rob and until now...This forum would be lit up if I did this and people would surely notice the shoddy solder jobs he claims I did...
Basically I am the reason for the black goop...

I posted this on FB but he deleted it!

I have my own biz to protect so I offer this much...Everything else between Rob and I is personal and I won't be going to that level.

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
MarcoR
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattfig wrote:
I have attempted to steal his ideas and messed with his modules and then sold these messed up mods as "as new."

Wait? didn?t you accuse him of something similar a few months back?
Sorry for quoting what you said out of context, it?s just more funny that way

Mattfig wrote:

I have my own biz to protect

Yep it sucks when you have something to protect and people are attacking you.

Mattfig wrote:
Everything else between Rob and I is personal

Why don?t you guys just kiss and make up?
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarcoR wrote:
Mattfig wrote:
I have attempted to steal his ideas and messed with his modules and then sold these messed up mods as "as new."

Wait? didn?t you accuse him of something similar a few months back?
Sorry for quoting what you said out of context, it?s just more funny that way

Mattfig wrote:

I have my own biz to protect

Yep it sucks when you have something to protect and people are attacking you.

Mattfig wrote:
Everything else between Rob and I is personal

Why don?t you guys just kiss and make up?

I did say something within a thread and apologized as it was uncool...This is a full on FB thread that he controls and deletes my responses. Different story to me...

As for the kiss and make up....I'm not opposed to it down the line...The timing doesn't seem quite right at the moment...lol....It's old s*&t to you guys so might as well just let it be...

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
JD
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, accuse somebody of something and do it in a place where they can't defend themselves. Not cool at all.
suphuckers
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean not to get in the middle of this (OMG dont get me in the middle of this, but I just wanna throw this out there...) Aren't all of Rob's mods just copies of someone elses s*&t anyways? I mean wtf is that about? LoL He was the 1541st guy to copy a fender, so you can't copy a fender too? lmao

EDIT:I mean I didn't even see what you all were fighting about. Im just basing that off of what was said above.
MarcoR
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD wrote:
Yes, accuse somebody of something and do it in a place where they can't defend themselves. Not cool at all.

I totally agree with this statement.

Normally I love some good forum drama as it makes the work day more interesting. In this case, I?m glad no one is really jumping on band wagons to defend their camps side. Behind the scenes it may be different but the appearance from the outside for the most part it seems both parties are taking the high road and not pursuing anymore trash talk publicly. Kudos to all.

Personally, if my product was returned to me in a state where it had been noticeably tampered with and I had seen the same type of tampering before, it would be difficult for me not to become emotional about it and react in some way (right or wrong). If I had also been taking repeated jabs and slanders by the party I suspected was responsible, I would further become emotionally charged. What does 99.9 percent of the population do when they are wound up about something? They post it on facebook.

No names were named? sure, anyone on this forum would know exactly who was being called out but let?s keep in mind this forum is actually a small percentage of JFMs actual customer base. Perhaps the posts were removed so that no one would be officially implicated to protect the innocent?
Shocked
JD
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the post could have been left as buyer beware and no more said. Especially if nearly everyone of those mods has come back and been repaired. Why start anything now?
suphuckers
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well MarcoR, After reading your post I realized I should maybe clarify what I was saying. ...and I don't wanna argue with anyone about this ...because truthfully who gives a s*&t? LoL

But... It's not "his product". It's a Randall/Egnater product that he "Hacked". I mean I went and read Rob's post and.. well... He's pissed because he thinks someone hacked his hack? Maybe someone didn't like his hack, and was trying to make it better. Anyone ever think of that? ..and where exactly did Rob get all of his knowledge? He's never reverse engineered anything himself? Not saying anyone was trying to or not trying to do that but... WTH does it matter? ..and while I'm on the subject. What the hell is the deal with the black goop anyways? I mean... Has anyone ever seen a fender/dumble/marshall etc filled with black goop? It's because he doesn't want people to see he charged you $200 for 5 caps 6 resistors and 2 switchs, that's why. I'm new to this stuff, but I'm not new to guitars/amps by a long shot. Go look at guys that build pedals. They all share their schematics and diagrams. Sure some of them sell their pedals, but they don't fill them with goop. I can build my own pedals but sometimes I don't because... sometimes it's worth it to me for someone else to do it. Wink No Goop needed! Just sayin LoL Again not arguing or trying to peck a fight. ...and if you read this Rob, please don't get all fb on me LoL. It just makes me shake my head is all Shocked
JD
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suphuckers wrote:
well MarcoR, After reading your post I realized I should maybe clarify what I was saying. ...and I don't wanna argue with anyone about this ...because truthfully who gives a s*&t? LoL

But... It's not "his product". It's a Randall/Egnater product that he "Hacked". I mean I went and read Rob's post and.. well... He's pissed because he thinks someone hacked his hack? Maybe someone didn't like his hack, and was trying to make it better. Anyone ever think of that? ..and where exactly did Rob get all of his knowledge? He's never reverse engineered anything himself? Not saying anyone was trying to or not trying to do that but... WTH does it matter? ..and while I'm on the subject. What the hell is the deal with the black goop anyways? I mean... Has anyone ever seen a fender/dumble/marshall etc filled with black goop? It's because he doesn't want people to see he charged you $200 for 5 caps 6 resistors and 2 switchs, that's why. I'm new to this stuff, but I'm not new to guitars/amps by a long shot. Go look at guys that build pedals. They all share their schematics and diagrams. Sure some of them sell their pedals, but they don't fill them with goop. I can build my own pedals but sometimes I don't because... sometimes it's worth it to me for someone else to do it. Wink No Goop needed! Just sayin LoL Again not arguing or trying to peck a fight. ...and if you read this Rob, please don't get all fb on me LoL. It just makes me shake my head is all Shocked

Now that was a good read. Lol. Someone hacked his hack. Lol.
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, the point is that if I was messing up his mods on a poor attempt at soldering - wouldn't someone who actually bought from me complain? Not two years later from Rob?

I mean I have bought and sold hundreds of mods with zero complaints...If that really is what Rob is pissed at, it was NOT me...

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarcoR wrote:
JD wrote:

I totally agree with this statement.

Normally I love some good forum drama as it makes the work day more interesting. In this case, I?m glad no one is really jumping on band wagons to defend their camps side. Behind the scenes it may be different but the appearance from the outside for the most part it seems both parties are taking the high road and not pursuing anymore trash talk publicly. Kudos to all.

Personally, if my product was returned to me in a state where it had been noticeably tampered with and I had seen the same type of tampering before, it would be difficult for me not to become emotional about it and react in some way (right or wrong). If I had also been taking repeated jabs and slanders by the party I suspected was responsible, I would further become emotionally charged. What does 99.9 percent of the population do when they are wound up about something? They post it on facebook.

No names were named? sure, anyone on this forum would know exactly who was being called out but let?s keep in mind this forum is actually a small percentage of JFMs actual customer base. Perhaps the posts were removed so that no one would be officially implicated to protect the innocent?
Shocked

It's like you guys really think it could have been me...Wouldn't one person have caught on and outed me by this point? Rob's displaced anger will get no thanks or kudos from me...Both parties on the high road? Hmmm....

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: