Facebook

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically Rob decided to say that I have attempted to steal his ideas and messed with his modules and then sold these messed up mods as "as new." No one EVER complained of this until Rob and until now...This forum would be lit up if I did this and people would surely notice the shoddy solder jobs he claims I did...
Basically I am the reason for the black goop...

I posted this on FB but he deleted it!

I have my own biz to protect so I offer this much...Everything else between Rob and I is personal and I won't be going to that level.

Mattfig said:
I have attempted to steal his ideas and messed with his modules and then sold these messed up mods as "as new."

Wait? didn?t you accuse him of something similar a few months back?
Sorry for quoting what you said out of context, it?s just more funny that way

Mattfig said:
I have my own biz to protect

Yep it sucks when you have something to protect and people are attacking you.

Mattfig said:
Everything else between Rob and I is personal

Why don?t you guys just kiss and make up?

MarcoR said:
Mattfig said:
I have attempted to steal his ideas and messed with his modules and then sold these messed up mods as "as new."

Wait? didn?t you accuse him of something similar a few months back?
Sorry for quoting what you said out of context, it?s just more funny that way

Mattfig said:
I have my own biz to protect

Yep it sucks when you have something to protect and people are attacking you.

Mattfig said:
Everything else between Rob and I is personal

Why don?t you guys just kiss and make up?

I did say something within a thread and apologized as it was uncool...This is a full on FB thread that he controls and deletes my responses. Different story to me...

As for the kiss and make up....I'm not opposed to it down the line...The timing doesn't seem quite right at the moment...lol....It's old **** to you guys so might as well just let it be...

Yes, accuse somebody of something and do it in a place where they can't defend themselves. Not cool at all.

I mean not to get in the middle of this (OMG dont get me in the middle of this, but I just wanna throw this out there...) Aren't all of Rob's mods just copies of someone elses **** anyways? I mean wtf is that about? LoL He was the 1541st guy to copy a fender, so you can't copy a fender too? lmao

EDIT:I mean I didn't even see what you all were fighting about. Im just basing that off of what was said above.

JD said:
Yes, accuse somebody of something and do it in a place where they can't defend themselves. Not cool at all.

I totally agree with this statement.

Normally I love some good forum drama as it makes the work day more interesting. In this case, I?m glad no one is really jumping on band wagons to defend their camps side. Behind the scenes it may be different but the appearance from the outside for the most part it seems both parties are taking the high road and not pursuing anymore trash talk publicly. Kudos to all.

Personally, if my product was returned to me in a state where it had been noticeably tampered with and I had seen the same type of tampering before, it would be difficult for me not to become emotional about it and react in some way (right or wrong). If I had also been taking repeated jabs and slanders by the party I suspected was responsible, I would further become emotionally charged. What does 99.9 percent of the population do when they are wound up about something? They post it on facebook.

No names were named? sure, anyone on this forum would know exactly who was being called out but let?s keep in mind this forum is actually a small percentage of JFMs actual customer base. Perhaps the posts were removed so that no one would be officially implicated to protect the innocent?
:shock:

I suppose the post could have been left as buyer beware and no more said. Especially if nearly everyone of those mods has come back and been repaired. Why start anything now?

well MarcoR, After reading your post I realized I should maybe clarify what I was saying. ...and I don't wanna argue with anyone about this ...because truthfully who gives a ****? LoL

But... It's not "his product". It's a Randall/Egnater product that he "Hacked". I mean I went and read Rob's post and.. well... He's pissed because he thinks someone hacked his hack? Maybe someone didn't like his hack, and was trying to make it better. Anyone ever think of that? ..and where exactly did Rob get all of his knowledge? He's never reverse engineered anything himself? Not saying anyone was trying to or not trying to do that but... WTH does it matter? ..and while I'm on the subject. What the hell is the deal with the black goop anyways? I mean... Has anyone ever seen a fender/dumble/marshall etc filled with black goop? It's because he doesn't want people to see he charged you $200 for 5 caps 6 resistors and 2 switchs, that's why. I'm new to this stuff, but I'm not new to guitars/amps by a long shot. Go look at guys that build pedals. They all share their schematics and diagrams. Sure some of them sell their pedals, but they don't fill them with goop. I can build my own pedals but sometimes I don't because... sometimes it's worth it to me for someone else to do it. ;) No Goop needed! Just sayin LoL Again not arguing or trying to peck a fight. ...and if you read this Rob, please don't get all fb on me LoL. It just makes me shake my head is all :shock:

suphuckers said:
well MarcoR, After reading your post I realized I should maybe clarify what I was saying. ...and I don't wanna argue with anyone about this ...because truthfully who gives a s*&t? LoL

But... It's not "his product". It's a Randall/Egnater product that he "Hacked". I mean I went and read Rob's post and.. well... He's pissed because he thinks someone hacked his hack? Maybe someone didn't like his hack, and was trying to make it better. Anyone ever think of that? ..and where exactly did Rob get all of his knowledge? He's never reverse engineered anything himself? Not saying anyone was trying to or not trying to do that but... WTH does it matter? ..and while I'm on the subject. What the hell is the deal with the black goop anyways? I mean... Has anyone ever seen a fender/dumble/marshall etc filled with black goop? It's because he doesn't want people to see he charged you $200 for 5 caps 6 resistors and 2 switchs, that's why. I'm new to this stuff, but I'm not new to guitars/amps by a long shot. Go look at guys that build pedals. They all share their schematics and diagrams. Sure some of them sell their pedals, but they don't fill them with goop. I can build my own pedals but sometimes I don't because... sometimes it's worth it to me for someone else to do it. ;) No Goop needed! Just sayin LoL Again not arguing or trying to peck a fight. ...and if you read this Rob, please don't get all fb on me LoL. It just makes me shake my head is all :shock:

Now that was a good read. Lol. Someone hacked his hack. Lol.

Nah, the point is that if I was messing up his mods on a poor attempt at soldering - wouldn't someone who actually bought from me complain? Not two years later from Rob?

I mean I have bought and sold hundreds of mods with zero complaints...If that really is what Rob is pissed at, it was NOT me...

MarcoR said:
JD said:

Normally I love some good forum drama as it makes the work day more interesting. In this case, I?m glad no one is really jumping on band wagons to defend their camps side. Behind the scenes it may be different but the appearance from the outside for the most part it seems both parties are taking the high road and not pursuing anymore trash talk publicly. Kudos to all.

Personally, if my product was returned to me in a state where it had been noticeably tampered with and I had seen the same type of tampering before, it would be difficult for me not to become emotional about it and react in some way (right or wrong). If I had also been taking repeated jabs and slanders by the party I suspected was responsible, I would further become emotionally charged. What does 99.9 percent of the population do when they are wound up about something? They post it on facebook.

No names were named? sure, anyone on this forum would know exactly who was being called out but let?s keep in mind this forum is actually a small percentage of JFMs actual customer base. Perhaps the posts were removed so that no one would be officially implicated to protect the innocent?

It's like you guys really think it could have been me...Wouldn't one person have caught on and outed me by this point? Rob's displaced anger will get no thanks or kudos from me...Both parties on the high road? Hmmm....

well I'm (personally) not saying you did or didn't do whatever Matt (I think I even said that) I'm just sayin' I went and read Rob's post on fb. My msg to him would be.. Maybe he should just be happy that he got to charge someone to mod the same module twice and quit his whinin LoL ...but that's just me ;)

suphuckers said:
well MarcoR, After reading your post I realized I should maybe clarify what I was saying. ...and I don't wanna argue with anyone about this ...because truthfully who gives a s*&t? LoL

I know, right? It's like guys like Brian Wampler who sell TS-style pedals for like, $300, when Ibanez already built the original TS and you KNOW that there's only like $1.50 worth of parts in it.

And all those guitars for $4,000? Fender already designed the strat & I could totally build one better for $100 in used parts that I found lying around in the discount bin at the local guitar shop. You're only paying for the name. Mayones? Puh-lease. They're just cashing in because everybody wants one.

Don't get me started on all those custom car builders. $100,000 for a "custom" Mustang or Camaro? I could pick up a plastic spoiler, some hubcaps, a rattle can of paint to match the colour & some totally sick decals from my local speed shop and totally make my Hyundai just as good for a LOT less money

The owner of the hacked module has a post in that thread. It's easy to just ask who he got the module from, if anyone is serious about investigating this... Personally, I couldn't care less.

Mattfig said:
MarcoR said:
JD said:

It's like you guys really think it could have been me...Wouldn't one person have caught on and outed me by this point? Rob's displaced anger will get no thanks or kudos from me...Both parties on the high road? Hmmm....

Mattfig said:
It's like you guys really think it could have been me...Wouldn't one person have caught on and outed me by this point?

I'm not saying that. None of us know what happened and it's stupid to speculate. I do agree after the millions of modules you have turned over, someone would have complained if there was anything fishy.

I do know that people talk trash and you guys had some sort of falling out. As an observer, I have seen you take jabs at him publicly more than a few times and this time he did it to you.

I like Rob, he has done some great work for me. I like you, you're an enigma or an efiggma. You guys should just duke it out or kiss and make up... On video preferably.

suphuckers said:
Aren't all of Rob's mods just copies of someone elses s*&t anyways?

Yes, and so are Salvation's and Sacred Groves and Dave Friedmans and everyone else who builds or mods amps with 50 year old technology?
suphuckers, I know you'll agree with that.

The goop is not to hide the circuit, it is to prevent it from being tampered with. These modules change hands A LOT and when you get one and it sucks, you blame the modder. How else can you guarantee someone else didn't get their hands in there? When you put your name on something, your putting your name on the line.

You guys remember the time someone sent their module back to Rob because it was acting funny? He found a mini screw driver between the base plate and the circuit board.

Personally, I hate the goop, it's ugly. It also is not the best practice these days; anybody been following the Vertex axis wah vs BBE wah debacle?
Basically Vertex was busted selling their axis wah for $400 when it was just a $125 BBE wah with a new pedal design and black goop covering the circuit board. They claimed to hand wind the inductors and hand select components. People swore it was the best wah ever...

Sometimes I'm really glad I'm not in this business. :?