Module lost its gain/volume

MTS module area including module modifications

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

Bonerhed
RM20

Module lost its gain/volume

Post by Bonerhed » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:18 pm

Hi guys,

My Brahma module has lost its output. There's no distortion anymore and you can only hear the clean guitar signal with the volume and gain knobs all the way up.

Any ideas? I have already try many different tubes with no success.

Thanks.
Alex
Thanks,

Alex

Jaded Faith

Post by Jaded Faith » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:36 am

There is at least one opto and possibly the signal transistors dead. It's going to have to go to a shop for repair. Just a heads up, this is on the harder side of DIY. Especially if you don't have a great solder station, solder removal tools and good skills. Email me if you need help or want to send it in.
www.jadedfaithmods.com
https://www.facebook.com/JadedFaithMods
Email: info@jadedfaithmods.com
Authorized Service Center for US Music and Egnater
Authorized Reseller for Celestion, Scumback & Mercury Magnetics

Bonerhed
RM20

Post by Bonerhed » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:00 pm

Jaded Faith wrote:There is at least one opto and possibly the signal transistors dead. It's going to have to go to a shop for repair. Just a heads up, this is on the harder side of DIY. Especially if you don't have a great solder station, solder removal tools and good skills. Email me if you need help or want to send it in.
Thanks for taking the time to answer. And even though I have most of the requirements, I would rather send it out. I'll let you know.

Thanks
Alex
Thanks,

Alex

blanco
RM20

Post by blanco » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Jaded Faith wrote:There is at least one opto and possibly the signal transistors dead. It's going to have to go to a shop for repair. Just a heads up, this is on the harder side of DIY. Especially if you don't have a great solder station, solder removal tools and good skills. Email me if you need help or want to send it in.
I've got a Mr. Scary module that's exhibiting the same problem. Is there any chance you could share the fix? I've got competent bench techs willing to help with the job.