MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Vox Module
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
studio289
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by studio289 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

studio289 wrote:
Mattfig wrote:
Whoopysnorp wrote:
There aren't many of them out ther, but the Sacred Groove CC30 is IT as far as I'm concerned, though I haven't tried all the entries in that category.

DOn't have mine anymore, but Whoopysnorp is correct...That is the top of the top....

The CC30 is exceptional.

Yeah, it's the mod that put Scott over the top as he was driven to perfect it....I think he came awful close and did some stuff I've yet to see on other mods....It was a really frustrating mod as I recall for him and those who have them should hang on or sell only to me.... Twisted Evil

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
Whoopysnorp
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think he told me he only built something like six of the original ones. He seemed kind of unhappy with the way it came out, because the controls are somewhat less than intuitive. Personally I love it. It enjoys a near-permanent placement in the first slot of my preamp, where I have it set for a clean with just a little grit in it. One of these days I need to break out of that box and explore the gain tones, because those sound great too.
Ulf
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I was never happy with the CLEAN Vox sounds I have got out the stock modules (TopBoost, Super V) and the Matchvox.
I also had a CC-30 but it never really worked as it should so Scott finally turned it in to a different module back then.
So far, I enjoy the Egnater Vox module because it has a mids knobs and it proved to be a good addition although the original doesn't have it. It is pretty good.
What I really found all modules are missing is the specific construction of the AC30. Vox tones are often mixed tones of the normal and top boost channels. Only the CC-30 could do that (but that was where my module was not working).

I wish, Anthony would do a module with two pots just like the Duoplex.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Modules All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: