• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Any interest in bartering?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie Z

Reaction score
I just recently got an RM50 with a Ultra module and a Recto module (kinda underwhelmed in the Recto, but that's another story) and then obviously had to buy a 4x12 cabinet. So as you all know I am now pretty much broke for a little bit until I can put back some more play money.

But my problem is I GOT GAS REAL BAD BABY!! lol :mrgreen:
So I'm hoping that someone on here has a want or need for some items that I have and that they would be willing to barter/trade for a module or two.
Stuff I have:
-Rockman X100 headphone amp, remember these from the eighties? I have one in great condition (they go for about $100 on ebay)
-2 Sennheiser e835 vocal mics (equivalent to a Shure sm58)
-2 small Behringer mixers (both have 4 mic inputs and several other line inputs, one has built in digital effects one does not)
-3 small mic boom stands (the kind used to mic a kick drum or a guitar cab)

I have lots of other stuff too, I used to run sound for bands so I have a few misc items related to PA gear sitting around that isn't going anywhere.

Modules I am interested in:
-Mr Scary
-Grail
-Possibly any high gain modded module too (HBE etc. I prefer the 80s hair band sound if that gives you any idea)

Ok, I'm done being a poor beggar now 8)

The only high gain module worth getting is the UltraXL. Stock the UltraXL smokes all the modules. It sounds like the XTC with a overdrive pedal in front of it. I'm pretty much using it for everything. The recto/treadplate is really no good.

schlagdog said:
The only high gain module worth getting is the UltraXL. Stock the UltraXL smokes all the modules. It sounds like the XTC with a overdrive pedal in front of it. I'm pretty much using it for everything. The recto/treadplate is really no good.

The stock XTC sounds like arse and doubly so with a pedal in front.. :D

I agree the UltraXL is the best value high gainer....my favourite is still the Grail though but that's more $

schlagdog said:

I agree if compairing stock against stock. I have a Rob Modded 1086 that wrecks on the bottom end. Even more so than my Pete Modded Ultra XL. Just didn't want you to count out yer options. I keep asking this question when it comes to modules, what band's sound are you aiming for?

Jimmie

Some of the bands/guitarists sound that I like are.....

George Lynch/Dokken
Zakk Wylde/Ozzy
Van Halen earlier stuff
Whitesnake
Ratt
AC/DC

Some of the heavier stuff is appealing too....

Alice In Chains
Metallica

I'm pretty happy with the 80s hard rock/metal sound. But I wouldn't mind if a module could get a little dirtier too.

Well I think I just found my "holy grail of tone" I just saw and heard the clip of the Egnater module SL2X that thing is definitely THE tone I'm after.

I MUST HAVE THIS MODULE!! :twisted: :evil:

LOL geez, as if the GAS wasn't bad enough...........

yeah,the SL2X sounds awesome.it's like the "perfect" module for the bands you've listed...80's metal rules!!!!!!!!!! 8)

goldwing68nv said:
yeah,the SL2X sounds awesome.it's like the "perfect" module for the bands you've listed...80's metal rules!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Yes it is :shock: Nedster how's it going man!!!!!!

jmgman70 said:
goldwing68nv said:

hey J...all good here 8) ...how's that evil-modded E'rect treating ya :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ...btw,thanks again my friend :wink:

goldwing68nv said:
jmgman70 said:
goldwing68nv said:

hey J...all good here 8) ...how's that evil-modded E'rect treating ya :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ...btw,thanks again my friend :wink:
:lol: I sold it :shock: Gas baby!!!

ahh,the "deadly" mailman1971 g.a.s. attak :roll: the "bug" has bitten us ALL....................be good,bro!!! 8) 8) 8)

-nedman

goldwing68nv said:
ahh,the "deadly" mailman1971 g.a.s. attak :roll: the "bug" has bitten us ALL....................be good,bro!!! 8) 8) 8)

-nedman

I had it for a bit....now it's rocking somewhere else... :roll: :lol:

JKD said:
goldwing68nv said:

-nedman

the GAS is back in mailman1971's "genie bottle" in his michigan barn.he sends it out to different cities & towns across the country,every few weeks.it attacks leaving it's victim helpless,disorientated & weak,then comes back home to the "barn" to sit a spell...working at the Post Office gives him good "cover" :p

goldwing68nv said:
JKD said:
goldwing68nv said:

-nedman

the GAS is back in mailman1971's "genie bottle" in his michigan barn.he sends it out to different cities & towns across the country,every few weeks.it attacks leaving it's victim helpless,disorientated & weak,then comes back home to the "barn" to sit a spell...working at the Post Office gives him good "cover" :p
Don't forget "BROKE" :shock: :lol:

jmgman70 said:
goldwing68nv said:
JKD said:
goldwing68nv said:

-nedman

Don't forget "BROKE" :shock: :lol:
Ohhhhhhhhhh............

The Mailman is geting back on his feet!
Jammin with the Jaded Faith modules and killing it!
Might sell off the whole MTS and buy...........???
"Only I know what that might be!!"

GAS IS GETTING ME AGAIN!@!! :D

goldwing68nv said:
danno,sell it all & buy GUITAR HERO 5... :wink:
Seriously I am leaning back to getting another Engl.
But who knows.....
With my dreaded GAS Syndrome I keep it locked up then I actually MAIL it out to fellow Gear heads so they can sell their stuff only to but NEW!!! :D