Anyone here going to NAMM?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to say, I'm a big fan of the understated graphics on these.

I doubt any of the contributors think this is going to take off like Chinese Vox's. I don't think they need to be in every store or marketed to the hilt either. I think this is such a thing that can survive small and word will get out among players and they'll sell as much as they need to. It doesn't need to be an Apple or Google

Any word on what the dealer distribution is going to be like?
Will everything go through Tone Merchants?

Corium_AZ said:
Personally, I think the primary reason that the MTS stuff wasn't more successful to begin with was : a) No one had ever heard of Egnater before, and more so b) Randall is synonymous with garbage SS metal amps and that's it - so having the randall name on there was its biggest bane imo. Marketing too was horrible, as I had never heard of MTS and only randomly came across it as a result of researching Egnater when I first was exposed to his other amps (and quite randomly I might add).

BINGO!!
I've been saying that for 10 years. I would also add that Most musicians think that Randall is strictly a Metal amp. The MTS line has so much more to offer.

bruce egnater said:
Here is the scoop. We have renamed the modular products with the new Synergy name. Did this because of the affiliation with the companies that want in on it and seemed odd to be putting a Friedman or Soldano module into an Egnater amp. I still own the modular designs etc. Since all us amp guys are friends, this was an easy progression into the expanded modular world where we are creating a true "Synergy" of like thinking people. I have worked directly with all the amp guys to create their modules using their schematic designs and specifications. At this time we have the BE and HBE modules with Friedman. The Soldano SLO. The Morgan AC. The Synergy (Egnater) T/D and Bassman modules which, by the way, have two totally separate channels within the modules. Also, pending Marshall's final approval, are the JCM and Plexi modules. A number of other companies and designers have shown an interest so, no doubt, there will more to follow.

Looks like MTS is going boutique.

Proud to be one of the original single channel "brown coats" that kept the faith.

Assume I'd have to add a Synergy E2 to access the second channel on the new mods, but it looks like the switching necessary to do that will be integral to the new chassis. Also assume the pricing will be on the boutique side, but with the ability to work as an additional preamp channel to a player's existing amp, they'll have a wider market of high end shoppers than MTS ever appealed too...

I'm excited for the line. I'm mainly excited to see true dual channel /dual eq modules. Let's see how this all plays out.

Looks to me like it is a 2 module rack space preamp (E2 obviously.. i just clued in).. probably has channel switching abilities so that you can go between the two preamps/gains on each module. feed that into power section of whatever amp you got and bam, flavour country. Smart design for sure. It allows people who always complain about the front end of the Randall stuff / or poor power section to have both issues addressed. The front end is likely re-designed, the back (power) end is left up to you to choose. You can use your stand alone power amp or feed it through a JCM800 that has had a loop installed for example. That would be fantastic. Oh! and if they address the loop issue then we are in tonal bliss.