Are there any clips that demonstrate RM20/22 internal boost?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter

Reaction score
I got an RM22 on backorder, and while I am waiting, I was wondering as to how useful the internal boost per channel really are. I couldn't find any info or clips on it.

Also, can you use the boost just vor a volume hike, keeping the gain the same?

How does the boost compare to a top class boost, like a SuperHardOn, an MXR boost, an Xotic Booster?

I have the RM20 and I find the Boost very useful. You can set the amount of Gain and Volume totally independent from normal channel. It's really good. You can go from a crunchy rhythm to an all out screaming saturated Boost. Or you can use the Boost for just a volume Boost. Of cours, I only have the SL+ and th Blackface, but I'm sure the Boost is just as useful with all modules. Hope this helps ya'.

I have this amp and I can say the boost is pretty cool. The gain boost is like having a MXR micro amp in front of the amp and allows you to get more drive and sustain although it slightly softens the attack and or sharpness. It's not transparent IMO. In other words, it's not just the same as turning up the gain on the module. Neither is the Post boost. But both are useful. The only downside is that engaging the boost brings a brief loss of sound. It's very minor and by no means a deal breaker. But it basically makes this two channel amp a 4 channel amp. The XTC is a little lack luster but if you run the bass all the way up and the mids and treble down around the 8 to 9 o'clock position it does ok. The direct XLR out is OUTSTANDING! I have never been a fan of direct outs to record with or to a live board but this one rocks. Hope this helps! And yes it can be just a volume boost but again it colors the tone slightly. It's hard to say if it's better or worse. I'm still getting to know this amp. It has big shoes to fill following a GrooveTube Soul-O 75.

The boost on my rm20 makes any module great for solos- saturation, compression, whatever else it adds I love. This things are seperate from gain. The attack does smooth out, so while I love it for leads, I DO NOT like it for any kind of rhythm work. YMMMV

Latest posts