Best blues module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trendkill1168

Reaction score
Most of the time I play hardcore music but once in a while I get the itch to play some bluesy stuff. Can you guys give me some suggestions on which module would cover blues tones really well? That's what I love about this amp man...one second you can be using a humbucker equipped guitar with a high gain module and then you can switch over to a different module and a strat for something completely different. Gotta love the MTS amps....

It's more often than not a matter of personnal taste.

I love the blues ... among other musical styles.

For me, Low to medium output passive pick-ups (Strat with Dimarzio's Area 58/67 combo, LesPaul Std with original PAF's or SD Screaming Demon) with Plexi or Brahma in the first slot, Deluxe in the second .... and XTC (Gary Moore kinda tones...) in the third one ... that covers alot of ground.

If you like some variations and tone colors, put an OD in front, i love my VisualSound Jekyll'n'Hyde, Xotic AC Booster, Little BigMuff.

That setup can be greasy, rockin', and hard rockin' on demand :lol:

Still got the blues .... and rockin'

Claude

mmmm sorry guys,

Couldn't suggest only one module, I guess this is the main reason we're all into this MTS addiction ... :wink:

well that's the problem-- some people play blues through Soldanos, some play through Fenders (Champs to Bassmans to Twins), some play Plexis, some play 18 watters, etc.