CABINET SUGGESTIONS???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christianguitarman

Reaction score
I play alot of Christian Rock / Metal (Disciple, Fireflight, etc.) and alot of Praise and Worship... need a new cabinet that will be clear, crisp, and still have plenty of low end... any suggestions... alot of the bands I listen to use Splawn Cabinets??? any experience with them??? I currently have a Marshall Valvestate Cabinet w/ 4 - 12" Celestion G12T-75 speakers... it's a compact cabinet and it is a little muddy... any suggestions???

the valvestate cabinet is pretty much a low end cab. i would suggest trying different cabinets built well.

i went through bogner, marshall, mojo and others...to settle with the randall. they come with mic eliminator and are built every bit as well as the aforementioned cabs.

Randall cabs are great.

Currently I switch back and forth between my randall and framus cabs.

Both loaded with V30/G12T75 combos.

I think a good choice for you would be a Randall cab or an Avatar Vintage 412 with V30s and G12Hs

damnit why didnt i buy a randall cab. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT.

That's fine....when i get sponsored by Randall i'll have a cab made for me and my own module LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

all the cabs mentioned are great but can be pricey, the avatars are good quality and come with whatever speakers you want at half the cost of any name cab, min's loaded with g12k100's, i beleieve orange uses these speakers now, big bass, and very aggessive kind of a mix between v30's and t-75's, but they offer just about everything there is, randall cabs aren't cheap, i had a lower end randall awile back and it was pretty good but nothing compared to my buddy's mesa but i bet the good ones rock just as hard if not harder.tough call choosing cabs but its huge on your tone

If you can get hold of one, get one of the old Carlsbro Lead cabs - they are quite small cabs so they got a really tight natural response and the speakers (Labelled as Powertones, but this only applies to the older cabs as new ones have Eminences marked as Powertones) were originally manufactured by Fane who are revered as one of or the best speaker manufacturers on the market.

Did I mention they're dirt cheap if you can get hold of them?

Saying that, mine is missing its its Fanes/Powertones since I put a flight case through one of them and haven't had it reconed... I've now fitted 4x Randall GT75's and had them reconed with some heavier cones and it sounds almost as bitching!

kbause said:
Randall cabs are great.

Currently I switch back and forth between my randall and framus cabs.

Both loaded with V30/G12T75 combos.

I think a good choice for you would be a Randall cab or an Avatar Vintage 412 with V30s and G12Hs
+1 on the Avatar. Amazing cabs.

Yeah i use the randall xlt100s and they are the best cabs on the planets, ive tried tons of others they are simply the best

the answer is simple Randall 4X12 loaded with V30's Killer cab plus they throw in a MIC Eliminator and a free fillet knife to boot !!!!