Can a Digitech Control One work with an RM4?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GtrGeorge!

Reaction score
remeber those midi floor boards that Digitech used to make? Sort of like a Ground control but with a controller pedal on it..
Can those work with an RM4 or will one or the other fry if connected?
Wondering..

No you can not use the Control One as a MIDI foot controller for an RM4. The Control One is really only to be used with specific Digitech processors and has a different pin configuration on the output so it can receive power from the piece that is controlling it. Go with a Behringer FCB1010. They can be found for a great price used and even new they are a bargain if you are looking to save a few bucks.

Just to clarify. If you have GSP1101 you can control a RM4 with the Control One.

C-1 --> GSP1101 --> GSP Midi out --> RM4 midi in

Yes it works really well. Since your going from the midi out of the 1101 to the midi in on the rm4, and the Control1 controls the 1101, whenever you change presets on the 1101, it sends that program change to the RM4. You just need to program the RM4 for the active module you want for that preset.

I really appreciatte you guys posting..the companies have been unresponsive to my emails, and the salespeople dont know.
The "control one" I was looking at sold for $30 ...a good deal, but as you say the pin configuration wasnt right for use with my Rm4.
Thats a shame because for me the goal is a SMALL footswitch that has at least 2 controller pedals on it, has power thru the midi cable, allows naming of presets on it (not just numbers), and is at a reasonable price.
The Behringer looks pretty good, but requires a big fat AC cable run to it. I am already running a BIG rig ...so the fewer wires the better.
Any other suggestions?