Can RT2/50 power a 7-pin MIDI pedal?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi M0jo,

Thanks for the link, I have actually just bought the parts to make this cable myself (rather than messing with the RT2/50). That should do.

I still wonder if the phantom power is supposed to work or not though :evil: (one less adapter and one less home made cable=tidy rack). No response from Randall customer service...

Anyway the pedal chain you suggested works in theory but not for me for the reason I'll happily explain (thanks for asking:)).

I have two pedals which I want to use simultaneously:
1. Digitech Control 2 - Proprietary controller which only plugs into GSP1101. This pedal basically controls the guitar sound (gsp&rm4, changing presets, on/off FX, wah, volume, tuner etc.)
2. Hughes&Kettner - connects via 7pin (i think it's same as Randall RF4 but more buttons) - this is to control 'accessories':) Mostly metronome/drum machine, samples and loops.

Both pedals should connect to GSP which merges the MIDI, connects to everything else and also acts as a MIDI interface for iPad and Mac. GSP lacks the 7pin phantom so I was planning to go through RT2 to GSP. I use RT2 in stereo so no channel switching there and it would only provide the power. The cable you posted will achieve the same and RT2 midi won't be used at all.

As you can see I can't plug the H&K to RM4 as I wouldn't be able to change RM4 channels with Control2.

This write up makes it look really complicated but it's actually quite simple
:oops:

As suphuckers mentioned I could have just one huge midi controller to do everything but I really prefer it this way.

I agree with m0jo. My midi chain is

ground contronl pro out--->rm4--->gsp1101--->rt2/50

works perfect & gcp is phantom powered by the rm4 & a 5 pin cable

Latest posts