Cheap or free silent recording/playing rig - mini Tutorial

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many DAW software also includes IR reverb plug ins which you can try swapping the impulse responses with amp and speakers. I wasn't enjoying the IR stuff until I started using the power amps and Then the cab IR's in Revalver (sold by Peavey, but programmed in Scandanavia). It's a pretty deep or shallow software depending on your use, but I've saved certain amp/cab combos for different modules, which comes in handy.

Oh and the Reverb freeware mentioned above kicks *** - I used it when I had a PC years back, and was happy when a Mac port of the plug-in was made. It really has a killer sound to it

I have been using a Digitech GSP 1101 with an RM4 in the effects loop. I loaded some redwirz and ownhammers into the user cab slot of the digitech and it slays. I record with it a lot. I am waiting for MF to have one of their 15% off weekend sales to buy the two notes torpedo live as I can justify $850 but not a grand. I am still really content with my home rig.

Depends how high up or how much of the power stage you want. I like happy medium. The everything on 10 blows tubes quick, hovering the master volume around 5 or 6 is the sweet spot because if anything, it just helps smooth out the edges a bit. For me preamp distortion alone at lower volumes is just buzzy and thin. All depends on what you are after. I would say that more power amp is good for more vintage sounds where you want that sag or fatness (bass). Doesn't the LB or RM100's have a preamp send? I should try and compare it.

Question for the Torpedo WOSIII guys, doesn't look to be free to me after 30 days, am i missing something? Right now Redwire gets me through.

Latest posts