Clip Jaded Faith Super V properly Mic'ed

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is some sweet tones and playing man. Sounded so joy through my skullcandy earphones,very soulful dude.
The Super V is one module I'm yet to lay my hands on if only I had been cashed up when BigB had his for sale

Thanks guys.

Wondering what a stock module what compare like tone wise. I know that Drewiv had him add more gain. I would have liked to have less gain that it does but I like the tone enough to not ask for any changes.

The breakup is extremely sweet, dynamics and touch sensitivity stunning and the EQ is very effective, much more so than on my two other modules.

hunter said:
Thanks guys.

Wondering what a stock module what compare like tone wise. I know that Drewiv had him add more gain. I would have liked to have less gain that it does but I like the tone enough to not ask for any changes.

The breakup is extremely sweet, dynamics and touch sensitivity stunning and the EQ is very effective, much more so than on my two other modules.

Very nicely done.

As for reducing the gain...One simple thing to try is a 5751 in V1 of the module...

Thanks for posting that!!

Very nice tone and playing. Thank you for the excellent clip! Shoot me a PM about getting a copy of it if you don't mind.

RADE01 said:
That sounds really sweet! I like it.

No boost?

No boost needed. If you up the gain you're in Rectifier territorry with this one. Gain back to 9 o'clock and it's just a good amount of hair on the cleans when you dig in.

Greeeeat Sound! I really dig it.

As Matt said, you could experiment with tubes for a slightly different character/gain.

5751 in V1 are always nice :wink:

Yeah will try something lower gain, but I am afraid to touch it, it might lose its magic sound :lol:

I do have a 12AU7 somewhere, but also a NOS Kinman low gain 12AX7, which is awesome for Fender type tones. It's in the Malcolm at the moment, but will try it in this one.

Really nice souding clip. I hope you can find the tone you're looking for in this module.

drewiv said:
Really nice souding clip. I hope you can find the tone you're looking for in this module.

I have found. Just need to hook up my buffered pedal board, so no treble loss on volume pot, and all is good.

Now I need to find a way to make it sound like your white CCV!

:wink:

Deisel401 said:
That tone is just beautiful !!! You playing a Strat in that clip ? I'll bet that cleans up nicely.

It's a PRS McCarty with BareKnuckle Humbuckers. They are very transparent and open sounding and indeed clean up well.

Allright, FINALLY got myself a 12AU7 for V1 in the module, and indeed it makes a great difference for the better.

I can now get real nice clean tones at volume, and dial a bit of hair in that I can dial out on the guitar volume.

That was a great tip to make an amazing module even better.