Confused about cabinet product line

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhiloBeddoe

Reaction score
I'm a little confused about the Randall cabinet line. So besides colors, speakers, and cloth vs. metal grille in some cases, what are the differences between MTS, XL, and G3 cabs? Are there structural differences? Do some not include Mic Eliminators?

For example, if the seventy 80 speakers in the G3 were replaced with V30s, would this be the same as the XL? Website says G3 cabs are built to same spec as XL.

Many thanks

g3 cabs are built overseas.

xl and mts cabs are essentially the same. xl cabs have the metal front grill, different speaker choices, and different speakers baffle choices.

my XL straight cab does not have a metal grill !! which is a good thing _ who needs the extra weight !!
kick *** cab !!!

:twisted:
i prefer cloth over the grill so i guess i lucked out !!!

best cab i've ever played thou

for all you modder's or tone searcher'ss , YOUR cab's have alot to do with your tone ... if your not happy with your tone .. i recommend XL or MTS cab's with V30's !!!!

:twisted:

the differenc is minimal...but the general consensus is to go straight.

i personally use a slanted straight cab. go figure... :)

I think my MTS cab has a straight front but a slanted baffle...it kicks arse anyway.

Its a black Randall 2x12 made about 4 years ago, no markings on but a Randall logo. Its has 2 Celestion seventy eighties. No mic simultor.
Ive never seen it in any catalog. What model is it??

has anyone tried a G3 cab with the veteran 30's made by warehouse guitar speakers? i have an empty G3 cab from when i blew it with my old RH150 and im liking the price of the veterans

GtrGeorge! said:
Its a black Randall 2x12 made about 4 years ago, no markings on but a Randall logo. Its has 2 Celestion seventy eighties. No mic simultor.
Ive never seen it in any catalog. What model is it??

r212cx - imported 2x12.