Effects pedals between M4 and poweramp???? Help

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celestion101

Reaction score
My main M4 rig is all inclusive in a big heavy rack and all good. I just bought a second M4 and Mesa 20/20 with the plan of going out of the M4 to pedal board and then returning to the 20/20. This would be my more portable rig. I was told this would work but I am getting terrible noise, even with one TC Elect. 4x delay. I know the pedals can be hot but is there a way to make this happen so it works as nice (and quiet!) as my large setup? Thanks!

Is it a ground loop buzz or a hiss? Is it just on high gain modules? Where do you have the master volume set on the M4? Where do you have the master volume on the modules? What power supply are you using for the effects and are the grounds isolated?

More of a ground loop....like holding your finger on the end of a chord plugged into a amp (that's on). The high gain modules are more noticeable. On my main rig I run the modules all between noon and 2 o'clock, pre master at noon or so, power amp to set overall vol. I was told by Bruce that the outputs of the M4 are the same value as a fx send, so I am not sure what the issue is. I'll keep messing with it. I've tried with the delay alone, with delay sitting between a boss tu2 and NS2 to see if buffer helped. Should not be this tough! haha

That's odd. Do you have an ab pedal with a transformer iso? It might help troubleshoot where the hum is coming from.