Egnater Seminar

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce egnater

Reaction score
NEXT seminar is May 19th and 20th. Email [email protected] for info. Also see a really great review of the last class at hugeracksinc.com

Two day amp building seminar
May 19/20 2007

Have you ever thought about how cool it would be to work on or even build your own amp? Where do you begin? How do you find good information? We are offering you a unique opportunity to learn about and actually build your own amp at one of our Two day amp building seminars. The classes are held at Egnater World Headquarters in beautiful Berkley, Michigan located just North of Detroit (Rock City).

Here?s how it works. When you sign up for the class, you are also purchasing a custom amplifier kit. The finished amp (that you build) is a superb sounding, hand wired Marshall JCM ?style? head. The circuits we have designed for you are highly modified and create much more gain, smoother tone (no ice pick to the forehead high end) and more punch than any stock JCM you?ve ever heard. If you are familiar with our Egnater amps, the sound is similar to Channel 3 of the TOL100 or IE4 or our current EG3 module. Each ?student? has his/her own work station for the two days. We then walk you through the process of building your amp kit one step at a time. You can?t fail because we are there to guide you. We take the fear out of it. You are guaranteed to walk out at the end with a great sounding amp head that you built with your own hands.

The requirements for success are simple. It helps to have some basic soldering skill, but if you have never soldered wires before, don?t worry. About 80% of the previous participants had no soldering experience at all. Within an hour or two, the fear was gone and they were ?soldering fools?. You really don?t need any electronic knowledge (though it doesn?t hurt). You should be somewhat proficient at using basic hand tools (screwdrivers, nutdrivers, pliers etc). That?s it.

This is a fun and exhilarating 2 days of learning and building. There is no better feeling than taking on the challenge and succeeding at building something with your own hands. Understand this will be a busy 2 days. It is critical that you arrive well rested and be ready to ?go for it?. You will see from the following pages it is important that everyone stay focused and arrive on time.

I just returned from Bruce's Amp Build Seminar and let me tell you it was incredible!!! Well worth every penny. Bruce is "the amp guru" and knows his stuff. This course is so much fun if I had the bucks I'd be attending again. The amp you build sounds amazing, far beyond my expectations. Everyone that attended last weekend's course was blown away and we had such a blast.
Here's a little video clip of what the amp sounds like. Please excuse the quality and my bad early morning playing..hehe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QY3gfxTfTw

Mark Day
www.thesamhillband.com

whoa, I was not expecting it to sound that high-gain! It sounds like it has some awesome chugg.

****-- I wish he had the seminar out on the west coast because now I definitely want to attend.

TheAbomb12 said:
whoa, I was not expecting it to sound that high-gain! It sounds like it has some awesome chugg.

****-- I wish he had the seminar out on the west coast because now I definitely want to attend.

One of the guys in last weekend's course flew in from LA...I drove 8.5 hours to get there from around Montreal...it was worth it!!!!

The amp has lots of gain and sounds like a monster..very tight sounding with loads of bottom.

Mark

That was F^%$&$&n awesome sounding ,was that straight into the amp,Brutal sounding,much more umph than I was ready for,dam I gotta get to one of them classes!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the GAS mark lol

jmgman70 said:
That was F^%$&$&n awesome sounding ,was that straight into the amp,Brutal sounding,much more umph than I was ready for,dam I gotta get to one of them classes!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the GAS mark lol

That was straight into the amp gain on 8, master vol at about 2 or less. This thing is a monster! I am about to put a Depth control in it that will vary the bottom end...because it is a 1 meg pot I can actually increase the thump even more than it has now...wow! One of the tweaks Bruce taught us how to do.

Mark

Hey mark the sound of that amp was really great but I think the licks were killer thanks for the taste!!!!!!!!!

Is that really what the EG3/4 module sounds like?!? I thought those were more smooth and less aggressive. If so, I NEED ONE!

As much as Id LOVE to go to this class, I really dont need another head.

If the Egnater guys did a module building class Id totally be in. Maybe start with a Bassman module and transform it in a high gain Marshall style?

-Matt

Our class scheduled for May 19/20 is already full. Due to the overwhelming demand, we are offering another session the weekend of June 2/3, 2007. Classes are filled on a first come, first serve basis. Sorry for any inconvenience. Hope you can make it!!
Thanks

Bruce Egnater
248-541-9100