First noodle on the RM4 rig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckmehh

Reaction score
Alright, this is my first camera recording with the RM4 rig. Just recorded with a digital camera, so that aspect is prettttty crappy, but I'm looking to get a Zoom Q3 soon :D.

Anyway, this is the Ultra XL module with a DBX 166XL in the loop for noise gating purposes and a 31 band EQ also in the loop for extra tonal control.

The guitar is a Strictly 7 Boa Baritone 7 string with EMG 707 active pickups.

Enjoy! (I hope :( ). haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99B7ZhXRwCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmS49hj7hI8

drewiv said:
Yeay! Now go to bed, college student. :lol:

haha I was up entirely too late, but who cares. Sleep is overrated :p

Hope ya enjoyed it man! I couldn't have done it without ya haha

Nice playing!

I've been eyeballing a S7 guitar, how do you like it? It's also nice to see another 7stringer here. I've got a 7420 with the trem blocked and an Evo 7 in the bridge.

disk11 said:
Nice playing!

I've been eyeballing a S7 guitar, how do you like it? It's also nice to see another 7stringer here. I've got a 7420 with the trem blocked and an Evo 7 in the bridge.

Thanks dude!

And the Strictly 7 is insanely sexy. I've played a 7420 before, those are great guitars too man!

The Srictly 7 is on a different level IMO. The 7420, Schecter C-7 Hellraiser, LTD Viper 407, and Agile Hornet 727 are my other 7 string experiences, and this one decimates them all.

The action is perfect, the trem is stable, it's super fast but your hand doesn't get tired riffing either. I love the baritone scale also even though I just play in A-E-A-D-G-B-e.

I'd definitely recommend one man; I'm blown away with this one!

chuckmehh said:
disk11 said:
Nice playing!

Thanks dude!

And the Strictly 7 is insanely sexy. I've played a 7420 before, those are great guitars too man!

The Srictly 7 is on a different level IMO. The 7420, Schecter C-7 Hellraiser, LTD Viper 407, and Agile Hornet 727 are my other 7 string experiences, and this one decimates them all.

The action is perfect, the trem is stable, it's super fast but your hand doesn't get tired riffing either. I love the baritone scale also even though I just play in A-E-A-D-G-B-e.

I'd definitely recommend one man; I'm blown away with this one!

Guess I need to start saving. I feel kinda douchey for blocking the trem, but I've had two and it takes me forever to re-tune them, so no more until I'm rich enough to pay someone else to handle it for me :lol:

disk11 said:
Guess I need to start saving. I feel kinda douchey for blocking the trem, but I've had two and it takes me forever to re-tune them, so no more until I'm rich enough to pay someone else to handle it for me :lol:

I don't blame you one bit! I swore I would never have another guitar with a floating tremolo until this one came alone. It's an Original Floyd and it's set up perfectly man and I love it. You just have to find the right floating trem I think to appreciate them. Now I don't want any guitars WITHOUT them! haha

What is the RM4 going into? Is it going direct or is there a power section being used? If so, is that a small cab or 4x12. Just curious. Clips sound **** good and that guitar is a looker for sure. :)

Daryl said:
What is the RM4 going into? Is it going direct or is there a power section being used? If so, is that a small cab or 4x12. Just curious. Clips sound **** good and that guitar is a looker for sure. :)

Thanks man, this guitar is definitely awesome and I'm glad ya liked the playing.

It's going into a Carvin TS100 power amp with EL34's and into a Randall XL cab with 2 vintage 30's and 1 15" Eminence legend.

It sounds tiny because of the camera mic if that's what you were wondering :D. haha I do think it sounds pretty thin in the videos, but the volume was literally on less than 1 because my roommate was sleeping! :twisted:

Mattfig said:
Niiiice....You can rip man...Now go do your homework and stop playing on the interwebs....Seriously young man, just 'cause mid-terms are over doesn't mean it's all fun and games....Buckle down mister!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: With the acquisition of this RM4, something tells me the buckle doesn't quite fit anymore! 8) 8)

I"m loving it man. I know I've said it a hundred times, but these modules are where it's at!

post some rythym clips of the ulta lead module before you ship it...Im interested in one of those....

alowerdeep said:
post some rythym clips of the ulta lead module before you ship it...Im interested in one of those....

Alright I'll record some tonight. Not my cup o tea but I'll get something up for ya after I finish this test! haha

Always stellar playing & sounds good.

Um.. what was up with the Oven Mitt Riff vid? I certainly got a chuckle out of that. :lol:

Hamner1 said:
Always stellar playing & sounds good.

Um.. what was up with the Oven Mitt Riff vid? I certainly got a chuckle out of that. :lol:

Thanks man, I'm glad you enjoyed it! This rig is treating me very well so far :D. The oven mitt was just me messing around at night. I decided to try it and it was actually pretty funny. My roommate and I had a good time messing around playing guitar with oven mitts on that night hahah :p