Fish

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berserker

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been gone for a while (RM50 sh*tted out on me so it's in the repair shop). I'm not sure if I asked this or not, does anyone know how to mod an XTC to sound like the Bogner Fish preamp? I'm just looking for that Cantrell tone.

Berserker said:
Hey guys I've been gone for a while (RM50 sh*tted out on me so it's in the repair shop). I'm not sure if I asked this or not, does anyone know how to mod an XTC to sound like the Bogner Fish preamp? I'm just looking for that Cantrell tone.

A Bogner Fish would be a cool module! Actually, Cantrall used the Fish in his live rig. He recorded with prototype Dual Rectos. The TreadPlate can get real close to his studio tone from Dirt and AIC. I think the XYC should get close too. I have a XTC and I'll check it out.

FWIW, I'm a Cantrell fan!

I can get the "Man in the box" tone out of my XTC and close with my dual EG5. It also helps (makes a difference ) when i use my dunlop Q535 wah pedal dialed in to the Cantrell setting, if I dont use the wah the tone seems off.

Yeah, I've got the Grail right now. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet due to issues with the RM50 but once I do I'll have some clips.

SacredGroove said:
Berserker said:

A Bogner Fish would be a cool module! Actually, Cantrall used the Fish in his live rig. He recorded with prototype Dual Rectos. The TreadPlate can get real close to his studio tone from Dirt and AIC. I think the XYC should get close too. I have a XTC and I'll check it out.

Trust me, he used a lot more than just the dual recto proto on Dirt. He at least triple tracked with multiple amps on everything.

EDIT: That said, I can get just as close to Cantrell's tone with My Egnater M4 as I can with my Fish.

guitarslinger said:
SacredGroove said:
Berserker said:

Trust me, he used a lot more than just the dual recto proto on Dirt. He at least triple tracked with multiple amps on everything.

EDIT: That said, I can get just as close to Cantrell's tone with My Egnater M4 as I can with my Fish.

Post some clips!

PS anyone know the dirt about the ENGL/Framus Module hype going on?

Man, a Fish mod would be pretty awesome!

I can get a great Cantrell-ish tone out of my SL+. I was kinda shocked that the XTC didnt get closer, but thats just me.