Got a chance to play with a metal legend over the weekend

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c2ply

Reaction score
So the band I play in (this one is just a cover band) has been picking up some pretty cool opening slots - a few older national touring acts (80's hair metal and hard rock) - and the last one this weekend was an all time metal legends - who if your not into metal - their biggest songs were covered by Metallica - so the bill that night went us, a band named Blackfinger - who is fronted by the 80/90's Stoner/Doom metal band Trouble's singer (also included one of Trouble's original guitarists) - they were pretty cool - very sabbath meets floyd kinda stuff. The next band was another hair metal band from back in the day - named Banglore Chior - David Reese (there singer - was also in Accept for one album) - totally cool band, (Dave, and company were really good guys) and were un-believable on stage - they sounded incredible and put on a hell of a show. The main act that night was none other than the legendary Diamond Head - all I can say is wow - the whole night I was in a serious wayne's world "were not worthy" mode. Over all it was a killer night - Diamond Head (in their first US "tour" in their history - and they just played with the big 4 a few months earlier) was on fire. They were just killer - and even though it was a pretty small place I got to watch part of the show from the side of the stage - just unreal. I gut all the guys to sign some stuff for me - and of course we were able to talk them into taking a band picture with us. Some days you just happen to be in the right place at the right time and cool things happen. Ended up playing my RM100C - and had a great time - the whole reason I still play this stupid thing called a guitar and what a blast of a night!!!!!

DiamondHead.jpg

Great story! Always great to meet some heros, makes years of BS seem short. I bet you are still stoked. haha :lol: 8)

Yeah - it was cool sharing the stage with the guy who wrote some of the songs I used to cover in high school (am I evil - helpless) - and they were all down to earth, cool guys. Couldn't ask for more

Latest posts