Help me with a high gain reccomendation

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff19

Reaction score
My JTM and Plexi cover low to mid gain just perfect. Been driving myself crazy trying to settle on right high gain module for what I do.

Bottom line, I'm looking for PUNCH. I don't care about much else. I want rythmn chords to pop out of the speakers with bombast and dynamic range.

I get that the more gain goes up, compression goes up along with it. With that in mind, I'm looking for the high gainer that compresses least.

Modules I've tried for high gain thus far, in order of preference;

SL+ (silver face)
SL+ (sacred groove)
Grail
Salvado Deluxe
Salvation XTC
Salvation Stonerverb
Salvation Mamba
Gigmods Recto
Ultra XL

Any recommendations much appreciated. I am nearing the end of a long hard tone quest, and want to focus on making music once I get this last part handled.

Hmm,

no Mr Scary? ( I like that one!), KH3, The Judge (Kurt's demo was pretty cool, bet it rocks with a real 12ax7), 1086? I guess a Friedman module is a little spendy?

Also, for more "punch and clarity", try an old USA black plate 12ax7.

Good luck!

I agree with the XTC module idea...of all the modules I have tried, it gets the best punchy, low-mid growl...many of the other modules simply dont have the growl of the XTC

get one modded!

Consider a salvation 1666. Its very modern marshall sounding (a la jvm), with a mid shift to really kick in the bite where you want it.