How to connect a SYN-1 to a Torpedo CAB M+?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somatics

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a SYN-1 with a Vai and a Deliverance module. I've just bought a Torpedo CAB M+ and I have connected it to the SYN-1, but the only sound coming through my headphones (connected to the CAB M+) is the sound of the CAB M+.

I must be doing something wrong. Which jack on the back of the SYN-1 should I be connecting to the CAB M+ please?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all, I have a SYN-1 with a Vai and a Deliverance module. I've just bought a Torpedo CAB M+ and I have connected it to the SYN-1, but the only sound coming through my headphones (connected to the CAB M+) is the sound of the CAB M+.

I must be doing something wrong. Which jack on the back of the SYN-1 should I be connecting to the CAB M+ please?

Many thanks in advance.
I have the same setup, and experienced the same - the solution is to plug direct into the SYN1, and then run a line out of the FX send of the SYN 1 to your fx loop, ultimately culminating in the CAB M+. So the fx loop doesn’t ‘close’. As there is no power amp in the SYN1 (and a power amp sim in the CABM+), it doesn’t matter. This works perfectly for me.

Cheers both. Turns out the valve in the SYN-1 had blown so I had no chance of success haha.

I've replaced it now and your method works great @MrHermit - many thanks.

Is it just me or do tubes these days have really short lifespan? Not to mention how hard it is and expensive to find decent ones. With just China and Russia basically making tubes I fear the future may be really bad if we don't get some sort of US manufacturer to save us. Maybe be something all the amp companies can try to invest in to sustain their futures as well. Else we all fall to digital modeling sooner than we would like. I worry about Synergy, stop waiting on cool stuff get it out so the interest and demand is alive, supply and demand, basic law of economics.

Is it just me or do tubes these days have really short lifespan? Not to mention how hard it is and expensive to find decent ones. With just China and Russia basically making tubes I fear the future may be really bad if we don't get some sort of US manufacturer to save us. Maybe be something all the amp companies can try to invest in to sustain their futures as well. Else we all fall to digital modeling sooner than we would like. I worry about Synergy, stop waiting on cool stuff get it out so the interest and demand is alive, supply and demand, basic law of economics.
JJs are not Russian nor Chinese; and I can't really say I've had lesser lasting tubes in recent years from the ones I got new (JJ, TungSol, EH)

Only other maker is Slovakia according to info they make JJ. Everything is made in just a few factories and relabled. The better relabels bin test the tubes and pick the better ones I just got some of the Mesa 750151F SPAX7s that ares supposed to pass tests before selecting. Haven't had a chance to use any yet as my air died in the studio, it's like 91+ in there. OUCH. Oh the days of USA made tubes, seems the Russian/Chinese Slovakian manufacturing is not very good and they just go for the bucks. They must go through a ton of tubes rejecting them for initial testing but that only tells you they are working can't tell you lifetime or robust construction.
I also got some EH 12AX7s which are also just relabeled and picked. Tube Depot rates them pretty good they have no eval on the SPAX7 supposed to be really low noise and reliable. JJ has a great name but it would seem the new ones don't fair any better than anything else. TAD is supposed to bin test for good tubes. Synergy uses ABS which are also supposed to be better bin selected relables. They don't offer pricing on them unless you call it sort of scares me they cost too much. Saw an Tube Depot NOS Black Sable Mullard ECC83 / 12AX7 for $550 just one, yes for real $550 for a freaking preamp tube. My god who has that kind of bucks to waste?? That is just insane! I got my Mesa's and EH for around $30 from Sweetwater but you have to grab them quick when they come as they go quick. I have a bunch of PSVANE Russian but they don't seem to hold up well. They are supposed to be decent.

Last edited:

Latest posts