Important info regarding buying used modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VitaminG said:
I agree with Ray. If you hadn't said anything, most here would have no idea that this could possibly hae anything to do with you.

Agreed but I have nothing to hide and wanted people to hear from me since his accusations were clearly toward me. I owe the communiy that and that's why I posted. I have nothing to gain out of this situation.

I hope that this gets cleared up soon. It is discouraging to see tension like this arise in such a great forum. This is just my 2cents. I have had great transactions with both Disciple and Rob. That Loneclean deal was a little indirect but from my end everything went smooth and i am happy with the way it turned out. Through all of my transactions with Disciple (i believe it was something like three) we have had smooth and effective communication through PM, email, and phone. The modules i received were in full working order and showed no signs of tampering. From my experience Disciple is without a doubt one of the good guys and i hope this gets cleared up quick and clean.

Rob's customer service is superb. In all of the responses i have received from him i have seen nothing less than fast, detailed, and professional communication. His work is amazing and i truly hope that this is just some kind of miscommunication and that no one is trying to copy/steal his hard work. I hope you guys get this sorted out soon.

Take Care,
John

John,

Thanks for kind words buddy and support I appreciate it. Yeah we had 3 transactions this last year :). And all were great - John has great communication, fast ship times and one heck of a positive personality! I'm sure we'll have other transactions in future buddy lol

As soon as I read "respected member of the community here since 2006", I figured it was Disciple. Michael (Disciple) had referred to himself as the previous quote, in recent months. I had also seen him and the OP get into it on another thread. I can't say it is him, for sure, that the OP was referring to, but in case it is, Michael is a good guy.

I've worked with Michael for about a year on/off with either faceplates or modules, and have never had any issues with him, nor his payments. He called attention to himself regarding a recent transaction that went south and involved a module from the OP, by responding and sticking up for himself in a public forum. The OP may not have named Michael, but he sure tried to make it easy to figure it out. Yep, classy. Maybe the OP could've used a private channel, rather than creating a potential panic within the community about an unnamed person trying to sabotage his work. But, I know firsthand that wouldn't happen.

If I was Michael, I probably would've done the same thing. By coming forward, without anything to hide and explaining what had happened.

As for any slander, If the OP has had any customers swayed to the competition, I'm sure it had nothing to do with slander.

The main point which I stand to make is that my products are stood behind 100%, either new or used. I want buyers to be able to buy with confidence in the classifieds here. Selling something that has been tampered with (either while owning it or before receiving it) and not disclosing that it doesn?t work properly is wrong. It eventually impacts the resale value of goods, the perception of quality and the consumer?s confidence. Time spent on these repairs extends wait times for other new orders I could have been working on. The impact is a bit broader than just the one transaction.

crankyrayhanky said:
With all due respect Disciple, no one outside of a few limited people would have thought it was you until you posted. You seem upset at false accusations, but I'm not sure why this couldn't have been handled through private channels. The reactions seem a bit strong and aggressive from the outside looking in... could be your insulted and disrespected or could be Telltale Heart. My gut tells me communication breakdown...but I don't see how JF is out of line, he's repairing his mods for free and reporting what others told him- without naming names. That's a classy move.
I guessed immediatly.

Also: classy move? No not quite IMO.
First taking it up with him on a personal level and - only if that didn't turn out - coming out with it like this would be acceptable.

And "without naming names" is not classy, it just creates a nice platform for demonisation and a barrier for a healthy counterargument. See how Disciple first gets a load of **** for assuming it's about him? It clouds the whole argument. Either keep things off the public platform OR give full disclosure and transparancy. Anything else is simply unfair.

With regards to the discussion:
Disciple should've probable taken a good look at what he was selling. But on the other hand, if you've just bought it as "good and working" and it works ... why would you? There would be no reason unless you're being cautious.
I can't imagine anyone selling broken stuff knowingly .. because as you see the backlash isn't worth it.

Thanks Scott for the support and kind words - that's why I have and will always stand behind your work and support you!

m0jo said:
Also: classy move? No not quite IMO.

With regards to the discussion:
Disciple should've probable taken a good look at what he was selling. But on the other hand, if you've just bought it as "good and working" and it works ... why would you? There would be no reason unless you're being cautious.
I can't imagine anyone selling broken stuff knowingly .. because as you see the backlash isn't worth it.

Mojo,

Thanks for post and as with all my mods I do test them well when I receive them to verify everything is good to go. Like I said I played through it for 30 min straight night I got it and no issues...just didn't meet my expectations and the SG Diablo was a better mod for me so the Erect was sold.

As some people know from experience in shipping/receiving mods these things are fragile especially modded ones and I have no doubt something got jostled in transit because if I had known there was any issues I would've never have listed it. I have personally received damaged modules in the past few years and so I've seen it first hand and so have many others on here so it's not a surprise it can happen like in this case.

It's great Rob stands behind his products and fix mod for Big Daddy minus shipping costs - most modders here do and are great with that.

Jaded Faith said:
The main point which I stand to make is that my products are stood behind 100%, either new or used.

Seriously? I highly doubt that was your point and intention with your post and thread. All respect for you on a personal level Rob has been lost - you had plenty of time to rectify your false statements here or via PM and try to make things right but in the end you just ignored that route and boosted yourself as a stand up guy and your mod work while at the same time slamming and throwing lies about one of your former customers here publicly in front of whole community and take no responsibility for your actions.

That shows a lot about your character for all to see - and I'm sure I'm not the only on because of this situation and your false accusations who will have nothing to do with supporting you or your business again in the future.

Just curious...

If the module you sent to Big Daddy was ok when you sent it to him, why would you have any issue at all taking it back and issuing a refund? It's your ( the seller's) responsibility to make sure the end user has what they paid for, not the buyers responsibility. You made the money, they paid. You stated you only played for 30 minutes before putting it up for sale. Perhaps you didn't do your duty in 30 minutes to validate what you were selling? If it was damaged in shipping, you should deal with it. You advertised a module in one condition and the buyer received something different. He shouldn't be responsible for any repairs.

This is how I handle transactions like this and I know several others I do biz with do the same. It is right, it is fair and it's ethical. Never have issues like this... Is it required under law, no. But, we all should know what is right and what is wrong. IMHO, you were wrong for not just taking the module back in the first place. You want to wash your hands of it more or less. What was received was not what you claimed it would be.
I have no skin in this with your or Rob because I don't know either of you, but it seems like the whole situation in this thread would have been avoided if you took the module back.

I offered Big Daddy option to send it to Rob to get repaired and would take care of shipping and repairs costs to get him working module (which it was when I had it and sent it) or to file the claim with insurance for damage because it was working when I had it and you will know if a module has an issue when playing it right away. If I hadn't had paid for and insured the item I would've taken the module back and would've had to send it to Rob myself for repair before selling it again but since I paid for the insurance to protect item in transit and something obviously got jostled from my hands to Bi Daddy's the insurance I paid for is for that situation to cover buyer and seller. If Big Daddy sent mod back to me for an insurance claim it'd be voided since it needs to be handled by receiver in condition it was received (from past claim experience).

I was in constant contact with Big Daddy and supplied him with pictures from my receipt he requested for the claim and tried to rectify situation with either 1. Getting him the mod he bought working by offering to pay to have it sent to Rob or 2. Getting his $ back with the insurance claim I paid for his shipment on the item.

Insurance protects him and I so he's not out a busted module and $ and I'm not out the same. I've always had good transactions here and never an issue and this issue has been resolved by both Big Daddy and I.

I don't want to toss myself in the middle of all this but I need to let folks know that over the last couple years as I have posted info about great modules Rob/JF has done for me, multiple people have on multiple occassions tried to get me to send gut shots of his work. Obviously i refused. I think there is a fair amount of reverse engineering going on out there. If anyone else is approached I would encourage you to decline as i did. That said, weeding through the forum you can get an idea of who has relationships and loyalties to certain modders. So when they ask for gut shots, you put 2 and 2 together.

I'm not implicating anyone on this thread and no one on this thread are the folks that approached me. But looking at Rob's original post I can understand where some of his "general" frustration may be coming from. This is what compelled me to post.

At the end of the day, all of these guys bring something very special to the table and deserve some respect. We can all afford to pay for a mod that we want without screwing someone who has poured hours into helping us all to have access to a pretty darn cool platform and menu of tone selections.

LoD21 said:
I don't want to toss myself in the middle of all this but I need to let folks know that over the last couple years as I have posted info about great modules Rob/JF has done for me, multiple people have on multiple occassions tried to get me to send gut shots of his work. Obviously i refused. I think there is a fair amount of reverse engineering going on out there. If anyone else is approached I would encourage you to decline as i did. That said, weeding through the forum you can get an idea of who has relationships and loyalties to certain modders. So when they ask for gut shots, you put 2 and 2 together.

I'm not implicating anyone on this thread and no one on this thread are the folks that approached me. But looking at Rob's original post I can understand where some of his "general" frustration may be coming from. This is what compelled me to post.

At the end of the day, all of these guys bring something very special to the table and deserve some respect. We can all afford to pay for a mod that we want without screwing someone who has poured hours into helping us all to have access to a pretty darn cool platform and menu of tone selections.
I've heard this about other modders too. Apparently a lot of people are interested in their workings ;) Maybe you are jumping to conclusions too, some people might just be wondering "what his work looks like" to make a quality assessment or other, it doesn't always have to be evil.

I tend to read this forum daily and "lay low" most of the time but I thought I would chime in on this topic.

I have bought and sold equipment from Disciple over the last year or so. I believe he bought my RT250 and an RM4. He was prompt with payment and I had no issues. I also bought a module from him that was Jaded Faith modded that was in perfect working order and had no issues whatsoever. In fact, during some messages, Disciple was complimentary of the work performed by Jaded Faith.

I have also had several conversations with Jaded Faith regarding modding, troubleshooting, suppliers, and even some ideas regarding modules. He knows his stuff and I can understand why so many people on this forum are pleased with him and his work.

With all due respect to Jaded Faith and Disciple, I really wish somebody would delete this entire thread! :(

Perhaps it's time for this post to just go away. It's had nearly 1000 views. Everyone has heard from all sides of the issue. At this point I think only more trouble will come from it. Let the involved parties deal with any continuing issues privately. Hopefully we've all learned something from the incident and we can move on.

audiomidijace said:
Perhaps it's time for this post to just go away. It's had nearly 1000 views. Everyone has heard from all sides of the issue. At this point I think only more trouble will come from it. Let the involved parties deal with any continuing issues privately. Hopefully we've all learned something from the incident and we can move on.

Do we actually have a moderator anymore? Hello......

Yep, he wont delete them...But he is still here and around. I've sent him some messages before and he reads them. Rarely responds.

Ned has deleted threads in the past I can clearly recall it.
Oddly enough the subject of the thread deleted was the same
as the thread that was last locked.