Jam City: Global Video Jam Kickoff

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
Here we go; time for another Global Video Jam!
http://soundcloud.com/crankyrayhanky/jam-city-8-15-12
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/egxycl2xspprcq3/SFt8yLjW2D

Ok, this will be a bit wordy, but after the last project I came up with some guidelines.

I will function as the director/host for this project. Check out the Jigsaw video to get a taste of the last project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3UY93qiMfo

Audio: Performers just need to supply a WAV clip of their solo. You may want to record a di track along with your performance in case we need to reamp or remix fx. I have an 11Rack & a Kemper and can offer those pieces up to reamp if needed.

Video: Performance can be live or mimicked. Most videos are live performances; however, for this project a mimic may be far easier. For the last video, I spent far too long on my audio tracks?but shooting the video footage was 1 take and completed in minutes. The real time is spent in editing the video, but I?ll take care of that on my end. 90% of the fades and video plug in fx you see were done by me after the fact. Best idea is to create a stable scene with no movement or active zooms. Simply send in your wav and video file via dropbox or similar account. Please no email attachments.

Theme: Jam City! This means we need video footage of your area. How this happens is up to you:
*Blue or Green screen
*Environmental shots: I used my ipod headphones for mimic (see opening scene of Jigsaw Video)
*Clutter free background such as a white wall

It does not matter what level ability you possess; shred or feel, as long as it speaks to you and serves the song. Please do not jump in unless you are able to meet the deadlines and can provide the audio and video as described above. I encourage you to get out into the world for your video as the results can be fantastic?but if you wish to record on with a greenscreen or blank wall then go out and record a few shots of your city, that will work.

DO NOT provide hours of video and audio and ask me to pick out the best pieces. Please make your own judgments and send me what you feel is the best.

Deadlines:
WAV due by August 25, 2012
Video due September 1, 2012

Here are the slots available. The time slots will be short in an effort to keep the project quick paced and entertaining. A soloist is following you, so while a tasty note that fades away may work, be careful not to end with a flutter of notes that continues onto the next section. As the project moves along, demos may be posted that could help the transitions.

Everything is divided into 8/12 bars; 130 bpm

*)bar 1 :01-:33 No Solo (for now)

Verse 1
1)bar 19 :33-:47
2)bar 27 :47- 1:02

Chorus1>Main Riff
3) bar 35 1:02-1:17
4) bar 43 1:17- 1:32 X-Mann (11Rack forum)

*) bar 51 1:32-1:39 NO SOLO

Verse 2
5)bar 55 1:39- 2:02 the second half of this one may be tricky and may need a minimalist touch to sing over the riff that is happening

Chorus2
6) bar 67 2:02-2:16

Midsection
7) bar 75 2:16-2:34

Chorus
8 bar 85 2:34- 2:50
*) bar 93 2:50- end No Solo (for now)

SPOTS FILLED*Pick 1 slot that ?speaks? to you and let me know via pm.
*Provide a link to a video you have shot in the past. I just need to know that you?ll be able to navigate the recording and uploading of files online.

Whew! Let?s have fun!

SOLD OUT!
We have some guest vocalists lending a hand on this one...I was hoping for an all out guitar assault, but perhaps I made the guidelines too intimidating? IDK, next time I'll direct a "do whatever you want" style video

Regardless, this should be interesting, we have representatives from Arizona, Michigan, Seattle, and possibly Florida. The footage should be interesting... I may journey up to some cool mountains for my shots, though it'll likely be 110+ degrees, ouch!

crankyrayhanky said:
... I may journey up to some cool mountains for my shots, though it'll likely be 110+ degrees, ouch!

Just make sure your Segway stays on the mountain & not over the cliff.

^Thanks! I am a family man, so this is my creative outlet- and it gives me adrenaline!

First audio clip being sent in today: chorus vocals from a mysterious talent that everyone in the scene will know and love!
mystery_man.jpg

Latest posts