JF SL-OD100 (soldano) Clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunatiBSW

Reaction score
Heres a little sample of what the JF soldano mod sounds like....
No fancy recording, fast and simple, just for fun.... :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCyzfH3qMnI

Gear: USA handmade SS-3
IMG_0861.jpg

Rm4 into Rm20
IMG_0906.jpg

Mesa Oversized 1x12
Jaded Faith SL-OD 100 Soldano mod
analog delay and reverb

Cool clip bro - I dig it. I may have to get one of these to compare to my Gigmods Slodano. Nice variety of riffs you played too :)

Why is it people look at the clips and don't comment lol (48 views and I'm the only comment).

I posted some clips and got the sme type of response. The quality of my recording was about the same as yours. Not a slam because I am guilty of it too.

I need to figure out how to make a decent clip with my Video Track because I have failed to date.

Very nice and it looks fantastic with your amp! Nick did a great job on that for you.

What are you doing your videos with? I was thinking about getting a small video camera for similar applications.

Very nice.
Nice assortment of riffs as well from that era of Soldano amp craze.

The lack of responses may be due to the quality of the recording.. it is hard to really get an appreciation for the tone from a camera phone or handheld recorder. Mic right on the grill usually gives the best impression. I'd say that's the only reason for lack of comments. When I heard it, it didn't sound particularly good to me but I know it is because of the medium you used to record and not the mod itself.

Kapo_Polenton said:
The lack of responses may be due to the quality of the recording.. it is hard to really get an appreciation for the tone from a camera phone or handheld recorder. Mic right on the grill usually gives the best impression. I'd say that's the only reason for lack of comments. When I heard it, it didn't sound particularly good to me but I know it is because of the medium you used to record and not the mod itself.

Yes that's why I put it's for fun, I didn't feel like settin everything up, isnt that response a little late after it's had 5 responses, but ok.

LunatiBSW said:
Kapo_Polenton said:

Yes that's why I put it's for fun, I didn't feel like settin everything up, isnt that response a little late after it's had 5 responses, but ok.

I said the same thing early on but I was a little softer about it and also blamed myself for doing the same thing. I will try a some clips with the camera much closer. Maybe tonight.

eyeball987 said:
I said the same thing early on but I was a little softer about it and also blamed myself for doing the same thing. I will try a some clips with the camera much closer. Maybe tonight.

Yeahhhhh, I know I need to go direct into my interface and use an IR, but it takes a bit of time to figure out :wink: cause im not super familiar with using all of it. Everytime I go direct out from rm20, I cant get rid of some interference. I know it would sound a million times better. I got my RM4 now so Im gonna start trying to record with it.

Getting good clips with a camcorder is hard.....getting great sounding clips with close mic'ing even harder IMO...I gave up.

Your clip sounds OK once the camera mic has compressed down but the initial attack causes massive clipping by the sounds of it....that's my favourite part of the tone and you totally can't hear it.

Otherwise...pretty nice, strong midrange like you want from that kind of module, still reckon my SLOdano pwns it ;-)

JKD said:
Getting good clips with a camcorder is hard.....getting great sounding clips with close mic'ing even harder IMO...I gave up.

Your clip sounds OK once the camera mic has compressed down but the initial attack causes massive clipping by the sounds of it....that's my favourite part of the tone and you totally can't hear it.

Otherwise...pretty nice, strong midrange like you want from that kind of module, still reckon my SLOdano pwns it ;-)

It certainly isnt great with a camera mic. It does sound amazing in person..... Im sure alot of the modded slo's do. I cant wait to get my mashOldano in also, I think it will be something special.

I'm not trying to be a d#ck I'm just telling you that clip doesn't give us a lot to go on by way of feedback besides " way to play the riffs" or yes " I can totally tell it is just for fun because it is clipping like crazy ". Really the only feedback I could give you was figure out how to record it with an SM57 and interface, and your computer. It is pretty quick.. that's all. I guess I am not entirely sure what feedback you were looking for when we can't really hear the tone of the module is all.

Kapo_Polenton said:
I'm not trying to be a d#ck I'm just telling you that clip doesn't give us a lot to go on by way of feedback besides " way to play the riffs" or yes " I can totally tell it is just for fun because it is clipping like crazy ". Really the only feedback I could give you was figure out how to record it with an SM57 and interface, and your computer. It is pretty quick.. that's all. I guess I am not entirely sure what feedback you were looking for when we can't really hear the tone of the module is all.

Im getting something in the works, hopefully in a week or so. Might actually be picking up a sm57 for half price in the near future

I just close mic'ed a quick clip that is uploading to Youtube now. I will start a new thread once done. Not much better than my others but I play for fun these days so I doubt I will spend much time breaking out my old mic's and trying to become an engineer any time soon.

maybe if you requested feedback you would get it?To me,it was just someone putting up a clip to show what tone they have dialed in..not really a suggestion for feedback......

alowerdeep said:
maybe if you requested feedback you would get it?To me,it was just someone putting up a clip to show what tone they have dialed in..not really a suggestion for feedback......

Didnt really expect feedback with this one. Your right, I did not ask for it. But I just got a shure sm57 and waiting on a higher quality xlr cable to get here, then Ill be posting some much better clips of some of the mods true colors. Which I prob will want some feedback to try and get better at recording.

I've gone through a few modules now, and the you tube clips really don't tell you much, as the room sound is to prevelant in most of these clips to tell you what you need to hear. I'm not knocking what you've done, just saying that it sounds good, but you don't get the texture, flavor, color, feel etc. Just distortion and a general idea of the midrange...

I'm getting one in a few days so I'm stoked anyways!!