Just don't get it

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello...Salvation? JF? Can you hear me?????
This post is PROOF of an opportunity....

Make a 3 channel MTS amp with usable loop and about40 watts and a single 12 and thats the ticket!!! And yeah, keep the weight down.

There is obviously a market for this!!!!!

GtrGeorge

I'll buy one!!

I gave mine up after a month. I really wanted to love it and I did love the low volume tone and ease of transporting it around but it just couldn't satisfy that itch that I had. I thought the Direct out was fantastic and used it for live and recording but the sound out of my 1x12 or my Marshall 4x12 at gig volumes left me constantly tweaking to get a smooth sound which I never achieved. That being said I don't have enough posts yet to post on the classified page and I have a Jaded Faith Mark X for sale. PM if you are interested.

Not understanding the price difference either, other than maybe supply & demand. Lots of 100 series amps out there, not so many 22s.

I have both and can confirm; the 22 is lighter. 8)

But the 100 sounds way better. I use both EL34s & 6L6s. I jam, practice out with the 22 and a 2X12 or 2 1X12s. Rehearse, gig, practice in with 100 & 4X12 or sometimes 2X12.

The rm20/22 sounds real good for many applications- including the boost which I love, but if you're playing anything moderately aggressive, you need bigger power tubes. El84s have a cool sound for poppier/lighter material, but they just don't deliver the power hard rock and metal requires

I use a rm100KH for loud jamming and I've transitioned into rm4>11R (di) for quiet applications, hence my rm20 is for sale. But I have no worries about keeping it as another weapon in my tone arsenal.

People think 20W is somehow a lot quieter than 100W. It isn't once you get tube distortion. This is why the pedal market is out there. Clean amps + pedals can play low volume. But still for bedroom practice, I'll use a modeler.

But the RM100 is too damned heavy. Add in a 212 or 412 and you've got a monster. But every once in a while you might want to damage your hearing some.

I would be all over a 22 if it had the same power tube swapping options as its big brothers. I don't gig, just record originals and covers at home or with friends, so I only need one great tone at a time and [needing a lot of] volume isn't a concern.

My dream amp is basically a THD Univalve with a single MTS slot. Any preamp I want, any power tube I want, built in attenuator. Sweet.

I am literally 2 weeks into the MTS experience, and the RM22 was what got me started. I loved it right out of the box. Once i fed it's line out into an EL34 power amp I couldn't go back to EL84's, so I returned it and bought an RM4 instead.

Darden said:
I am literally 2 weeks into the MTS experience, and the RM22 was what got me started. I loved it right out of the box. Once i fed it's line out into an EL34 power amp I couldn't go back to EL84's, so I returned it and bought an RM4 instead.
What power amp did you go with?

HughJasol said:
Darden said:
What power amp did you go with?

I run it into the effects return of a Marshall JVM.