• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Killer Deals on New MTS Amps!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how are you guys throwing offers at them? Over the phone? The ebay listing dont sem to have the make an offer anymore.

Thanks

I just called to make an offer on a RM50H and a couple of mods (Grail and Judge) and his phone price was higher than the ebay listings by $hundreds. We never got to the make an offer part. When I questioned him he said that those were sig. or premium modules. I said I understand that but they've been told to tell folks that it was a mistake on the phone.

He said a Black RM50H, grail and Judge would be over $1000 shipped.

He offered a Lynch RM50 loaded for $899 shipped

Did I call the right place???

heyMikey,
Is this who you called?
Funky Munky Music
www.funkymunkymusic.com
913-268-5555

There are different listings from different sellers on ebay. The ones from Funky don't seem to have the "Make Offer" button. I wrote to them through the ebay listing, and then followed up with a phone call. It sounds like you got the right place though, as the RM50 Lynch Box was listed on ebay for $899.99 loaded. I got the absolute best deals so far from U.S. Music selling through Amazon, MusicLandCentral and from Member id musicians_heaven when they accepted my "Make An Offer", but I have no idea what they have left (if anything). I still got some really awesome deals from Funky and am EXTREMELY SATISFIED with my purchase, but it took a little back and forth, with e-mails and phone calls exchanged before agreeing on a price.

Was it one of these two listings you inquired about?
RM50HB Black 50w Head LOADED: $749.98 shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randall-RM50-MTS-amplifier-tube-head-50-watt-loaded-2-modules-/120849415613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c232fbdbd

RM50HBP Black Palomino 50w Head LOADED: $749.98 shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randall-RM50-MTS-amplifier-tube-head-50-watt-loaded-2-modules-/120849415613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c232fbdbd

Maybe they decided they no longer want to let you pick your modules???

Thanks Sean,

Thats them, I figured out there were other dealers on ebay with "make an offer" options.

Not nearly as many RM50's left.

Mike

Yep, they changed their listing and excluded the sigs!

seanh303 said:
Was it one of these two listings you inquired about?
RM50HB Black 50w Head LOADED: $749.98 shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randall-RM50-MTS-amplifier-tube-head-50-watt-loaded-2-modules-/120849415613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c232fbdbd

RM50HBP Black Palomino 50w Head LOADED: $749.98 shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randall-RM50-MTS-amplifier-tube-head-50-watt-loaded-2-modules-/120849415613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c232fbdbd

Maybe they decided they no longer want to let you pick your modules???

Bummer man! A few guys got over then I guess huh? The RM50HLB Lynch Head might not be a bad route either (if the black is not a must-have). There might be some room on that one....or you could look for the right deal on an RM50HB if you really wanted the black, and then hope to snap up the modules at a later time. I made an offer of $450 for an RM50HBP (black palamino) and it was declined, then offered $470 and it was accepted. That was from musicians_heaven, but I don't know if they have any left. Funky's is listed for $550 shipped, so maybe he'll work with you? Either way it's an awesome price on both heads!

SickPunk said:
I had my eye on the silver KH. Great deal!

Jacksauce said:
That silver one is badass. 8)

I really had no expectation of them accepting my offer. I was kinda poking to see if I could hit the bottom. Guess not! Make's me wish I waited 12 hours instead of buying the black one for $200 more, but hey, live and learn right? I almost bought the KH1 and KH2 modules used the day before that for $300, and thought that was a pretty fair deal. Assuming $150/module, I got the black KH head for ~$465 which is an insane deal. I never even KNEW they made a silver KH head 'til recently. It wasn't in the catalogs or on the website ever, right? Cookies & Cream Kirk Hammet heads!

I always wonder how low the offers that got declined were though. I kinda felt like an a$$ offering what I did...'til the invoice hit my inbox!

899$ for a loaded 50 watt lynchbox head is still pretty **** killer if you think about it. However you are right, now that the word is out, they are playing the buyers against each other " there is only one left!" so they can try to recoup a bit on what they may have lost initially cutting prices to 3 or 4 people.

I inquired about a 2 x 12 unloaded combo shipped.. 534$ purchase price unloaded and shipped for 92$ which isn't bad at all given it's size and weight BUT what sucks is that I think UPS will rape me 50$ process fee + customs and taxes and that could be another 100$. So i have to ask myself, do i really need another 100 watter for 800$? Not so sure.. I asked if they could go USPS and they said it was too big and heavy. There is a cut off size for USPS i think and 100 watt heads are probably the biggest you'll get away with shipped usps.

I wanted a live or jamming rig but i think i may use my JCM800 combo- hotplate- into G major2 - EH 44 magnum and then driving a 2 x 12. I can get an empty speaker cab local and a EH 44 magnum for cheaper than a new combo and i already have the hotplate. WET/Dry setup for live..

Yeah, no way to avoid UPS on that beast. A guy here bought one for $500 shipped in December, and if the dealers shipping fee was $50 bucks I'd be shocked, but if so, $450 or less was the actual purchase price. Looks like another Black Palamino one sold (haven't seen any black ones sell at all so far). Maybe they'll cut a better deal on the black one??? If they drop any lower I'm going to be sorely tempted to buy another one.

This is the one I got for $500 shipped-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randall-RM100CRP-Creme-Palomino-100-Watt-Amplifier-Head-/310370403098?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item484384831a

That Palomino look is sweet, I dig it. I think they have readjusted their prices up now that they have the interest again. Instead I'll wait for some dirt cheap modules if there are any. If not, no love lost, I have a bunch of amps i don't play enough. Spending for GAS can be dangerous..

Good buy man! I've been GASing for one of those cream palamino heads bad...I LOVE that color! Not tha matching really matters, but I wish they had a cab with that tolex. Holy crap, $500 shipped for a brand new amp. The used RM100CRP on here for $600 is a good deal! You stole it :twisted:

SteelDragon said:
I hope the retailers aren't watching this thread :shock:

:lol: Its funny you mention that.
I called Funky Munky today and talked to them at length about the situation.
The guy ended up mentioning that they have been watching this thread and given the craze surrounding these amps right now, they are raising their prices. Good for them that they no longer have to give them away, and probably better for the used market in the long run. Sucks for anyone that really NEEDED a rock bottom price on one of these amps though.

jayd41 said:
SteelDragon said:

:lol: Its funny you mention that.
I called Funky Munky today and talked to them at length about the situation.
The guy ended up mentioning that they have been watching this thread and given the craze surrounding these amps right now, they are raising their prices. Good for them that they no longer have to give them away, and probably better for the used market in the long run. Sucks for anyone that really NEEDED a rock bottom price on one of these amps though.

The funky guys failed to even reply to the email I sent them. I'm a previous customer of theirs and that's horrible Customer Service.My business went elsewhere.

Now that I'll have 2 RM100's, I think I'll use one with 6CA7's and the other with 5881's.

well, we have the buying power so news flash, I'd gladly sit on my hat if i was in the USA and NOT buy until they brought them back down in a few weeks.

SteelDragon said:
Of course they are! This is the forum linked to the official Randall homepage. It is not "us against them"...we are all one community.

At the end of the day, if you have gotten involved enough with MTS to create an account on this forum, you are one of the core clients for this product line. By sharing your knowledge and experience with this community, and demonstrating through your ownership of the product that you believe in the quality and the value, you are it's biggest advocates.

I may be wrong, but I would guess that only a handful of the people that bought MTS recently were reading this thread. But hey, if you WERE reading this thread and that led to a purchase, then A.) you DESERVE to get a break. If you're here, you're a core supporter, and we are a VERY small community compared to MOST other big names...and B.) NO SALE happens on terms that aren't agreeable to both parties. This thread DID lead to some transactions that otherwise would not have happened, which is a GREAT thing for all parties involved!

With some buyers feeling they could have paid less, and some sellers feeling they could have charged more, I'd say the prices were absolutely perfect! Hell, on a lot of things, they are still tremendous! Some deals have gotten a little less sweet (congrats to those who got them), while others are simply not to be seen again as there was only 1 remaining....but there are some opportunities out there still.

It is to be expected, and is consistent, that this would be short term. The first time I noticed U.S. Music selling MTS at a discount, the sale lasted 3 days and was done. The next couple items I bought were individually marked down, not part of a greater sale. This week's prices are the first cuts I've seen accross the board, which is why I wanted to let you guys know to keep an eye out if you're in the market. This will go on until the last of it is gone. Things will dip, and spike. When they do dip, who is more deserving to benefit than someone on here that shamelessly states to the world "I LOVE MTS!". If it wasn't for you guys here, MTS would have been a failed attempt at something new years ago.

The Rossness said:
The funky guys failed to even reply to the email I sent them. I'm a previous customer of theirs and that's horrible Customer Service.My business went elsewhere.
I'm sorry to hear you weren't satisfied here. Jon at Funky is top class, and his knowledge is second to none when it comes to MTS gear. He's probably been one of the biggest advocates for the line, going way above and beyond even what Randall was doing for the product. I am EXTREMELY SATISFIED with my interactions with Funky, and the other Randall dealers so far. Dude, you got a killer freakin' deal on that amp man!

Congratulations to anyone that got what they were looking for! It's amazing what 5% or 10% can do to sales...the difference of $20 sometimes. The market IS pretty saturated right now. If you're on this forum, you already own/have owned an MTS/Egnator amp. The number of people on here compared to the number that have bought them over the years is small I'm sure. A lot of people aren't willing to give MTS a try, and for us here, most of us really don't need another amp, so it is going to take some incentive for us to buy.

5%-10% more (where sellers want to sell) and people aren't buying...5%-10% less (where buyers want to buy) and sellers want to hold off. It's perfect!!! Right at the point in the market where it should be! Guys have seen these listed on ebay, on the forum, etc. for weeks at prices just a little higher, and haven't bought. An "excellent used" RM100 for $600 (20% more) doesn't sell...a "new" RM100 for $500 (16.6% less) flys off the shelves. The difference between the "used" and "new"? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Who on here has EVER paid the $100-$150 roundtrip to make a warranty claim? That makes a $500 amp a $600 amp anyway, so warranty shouldn't matter in this scenario. Whether you pay for shipping, or pay a technician locally, a malfunction in one of these will cost $ either way. This is the pshycology of economics at play...the "real value", what you actually get for either, is identical. The 5%-10% break point in the middle is where the line between buy/sell/wait gets drawn. The "new" amp for $600 might not sell, while the "used" amp for $500 might be gone in minutes. Is a scuffed quarter worth less than $0.25? I bet the shiny, fresh tolex on a brand-new china-made amp is!

Anyway, congrats again to the buyers and thanks for not letting me be the only one to buy this stuff. Keep your eyes out, guys, there will be more deals for us soon (yes...WE are special!). And congrats to the sellers for making some sales (and THANKS FOR THE DEALS!!!!!!!). If any sellers out there are regretting having my thousands of dollars and would prefer to have you're amps occupying space on your shelves again, just let me know :twisted:

Yeah, I don't get why the prices are all over the place if they're trying to unload stuff at a frantic pace though. If the stuff starts flying off the shelves, why would you suddenly jack the prices up again and stifle product movement? Are they trying to get rid of the stuff or not?