LOVE MY RM4... but small problem with RF4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christianguitarman

Reaction score
Hey, so I dig my RM4 and RT 2/50. Bought an RF4 to complete it... but it's not working...won't even light up when I plug it in!! cable is fine (tested)... pedal works (tested)... fuses are all good (checked them all!!)... the only thing I can figure is I bought the RM4 used and when I opened it all 6 midi switches were in the off position... I tried some different combinations and even called customer service but still couldn't get it to work!!! Any clues???? I really would like to get this fixed myself instead of having to take to a tech... it seems like it should be easy and I don't want to pay $100+ for a simple fix!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Did you try it using a 9V adapter plugged in to the footswitch?

Sorry..I should have been more specific, was wanting to test two things:

1. Are you using the right cable (I think 7 pin provides MIDI power..maybe a 5 pin one does too?)

2. I thought the MIDI fuses were soldered in..so maybe you missed 'em when testing

So...do you get any lights on the footswitch at all?

yeah... sorry bout that... the cable is 7 pin... I took the same cable back to the store and plugged it into their RM4 and it worked perfect... no lights when I plug it into my RM4... no I didn't check the MIDI fuses in that case! could be it! I'll check into it... do you know where they are located???

I could be thinking of another amp with the soldering thing...

..in any case there are fuses located on the underside or hidden by other boards in the RM100...I cannot verify if this is the case in the RM4.